New Tundra VS. Ford and Chevy

as i said before, i will never EVER buy a Jap truck. I will commit suicide before that happens. mark my words.

I would be willing to put my truck up against any Toyota or Nissan in quality, comfort, and power (well, maybe power might be a little biased lol)

people get absolutely brainwashed by the media and how “Toyota this toyota that” and how great they are. i looked at Fords, Toyotas, Nissans and Dodges at the auto show, and i drive a GM. I have to admit, i liked the Ford Superduty and F150 a lot, but i honestly was not at all impressed with the imports, or even the Dodges. for the money, a GM or a Ford is a better truck. its trucks that make or break american car companies, and they dont mess around.

whoever said “ib4someonesaysallthemoneygoesbacktojapan” you’re damn right, i dont care if every nut and bolt on the fucking truck is made in america, the money still goes back to Japan! what really gets me is all these old people driving around in Jap cars, its like 60 years ago you were fighting these people in a war, now you’re giving them your money???wtf???

look, any truck you buy is gonna have its problems, and when you use a truck for what it was made for then problems will be more apparent. when someone can show me a tundra in 20 years thats still running strong and is still in one piece, then MAYBE i’ll give the truck a little respect. i doubt it, but maybe.

and whoever said something about buying a truck and never using it for what its for and wasting gas, fuck you. i wouldnt trade my truck for anything, i dont care how much gas it costs. to me, driving something that i like and that makes me happy > the cost of gas.

I hope your major isn’t economics. You are fucking retarded if you think the money still goes back to Japan. You sound like the typical uneducated UAW worker trying to win an argument based on shit you heard from someone else.

how long have you had your c5 for? you wait, that car will eat you alive with all the stupid shit that’s going to break on it. mark my words. if it doesn’t change your perception of american cars in the end, you are BLIND.

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

:mamoru: Because things get built for free? You should really read my sig some day. Stop posting in this thread. All you’re proving is your own ignorance.

We get that you like your truck. It’s a nice truck, not poorly built by any means. Whether domestic trucks or Japanese trucks are “better” is debatable. But to call trucks with a proven history of superior reliability “japanese hunks of shit” and to argue that because Japan was an enemy 60 years ago we shouldn’t buy their product now even though they’re an ally goes a long way towards proving that your argument is purely emotional with absolutely no basis in factual research or objective observation.

LOL! I delt with a lot of GM employees when I worked at a Chevy dealership for 14 years. I saw a lot of good & bad people & cars pass through. I also worked at a independent repair shop for 4 years. 10 times more domestics came through my door then imports. I know, now I’m gonna hear how there are 10 times more domistics out there than imports, but many of the GM’s etc, needed transmission or other major repair in 50,000 to 75,000 miles, where the Asians came to the shop with 150,000 + and in less need of repair. I know a lot has to do with the person driving & maintaince performed but come on.
My 01 GM 2500 HD (see-gmpistonslap.com) knocked from day one, gm told me to fuc! off. It’s normal! Both window regulator cables broke in the winter, causing the window to fall down into the door. I had to fish it back out & duct tape it till I could get it repaired. My wifes 02 Malibu went through 3 sets of brakes & the dealer cut the already paper thin rotors 2ce in 14,000 miles, (this car also had piston slap)Basil Chevrolet told her it’s her “driving style!” (they did cover the first 2 sets under warranty, but not the 3rd) We told them thats the last straw, traded it in for a 03 Mazda 6 sport. This was my first taste of a foreign automobile. (yummy)
Well, 46,000 on her 03 Mazda 6 and the brakes are less than 1/2 worn all the way around. Driving syle you say?? Huh? Very odd…
So, from a guy that used to say dumb things like " I’d rather push a GM then drive an import" GM did everything they could to make me eat my words.:thankyou:
Oh, I tried selling my 01 Chevy, but everyone who came to look at it said “whats wrong with the engine?” I ended up trading it in to a Nissan dealer. My Titan is doing just fine thanks!

LOL at this thread

mazda isnt actually foreign.

I didn’t see any Fords?

Yes, but the money from mazdas still ends up in Japan :bloated:

MikeRI, do you have any concept of global economics, or does your idea of the world revolve only around America?

Um first off the sun revolves around the US of A.

Second off, I’ve owned my vette for just over 2 years, putting on about 7,000 hard driven miles. I’ve gone threw 3 sets of rear tires and knock on wood only 2 things have broke. One being a little plastic door trim piece someone broke off costing me 2.50 from the dealer. The second thing that “broke” where my front rotors. The car had the original brakes on it and the one front rotor cracked. I mean maybe it was because they where 10 years old and had 35K miles on them, or maybe its the 150 to 50 mph stops I do almost daily or maybe its because its a chevy? :roll2:

I myself have personally owned somewhere in the rang of 20 vehicles, of all makes and haven’t seen a significant difference in any built quality, rather then the differences between a sports/work/lux car. Explain why my friend’s subie center diff went at 50K? I bet ford made it right? No. While design is the unholy god when it comes to car design all cars focus on one thing. Profit. They make cars that are just good enough for consumers. They last just long enough to satisfy us. All cars suck and all will break. One thing I have noticed with recent GM’s is that their brakes suck. Dodge’s trannies suck, ford’s electrical/tranns suck…imports each have issues too…subies autos suck…anyone ever head of a head gasket going in a subie? no not me…fuck your cars and buy a house your going to loose money anyways

Apparantly.

I had a 94 Chevy G20 van with a Lt1 350, 190,000 miles and it ran like the day we bought it. Tranny was smooth, aside from the rust of being 17 years old when we sold it. It was the most solid car we ever had.

Have you ever had an import?

The facts are what they are. There are more domestic trucks sold than import ones, domestic vehicles use more domestic parts and labor than import ones, and domestic manufacturers employ more US workers and keep more money on our own soil. Believing otherwise is a matter of being uninformed.

In terms of quality, the Big 3 have been building trucks for 100 years, they know what they are doing. Personally, I think its yet to be proven if the import companies can do the same over the course of time. I suspect they can to some extent, although their trucks seem more like passenger cars than actual trucks to me. Either way, there will be people who like their features and people who buy into their hype, but that doesnt mean the domestics arent making excellent trucks too.

AKA - Tacoma in the US

Production - 1935-Present

Sure, they didn’t get really into making real pick-ups until 1947…

Some of you guys need to drop the arguement that “Toyota just started making trucks” because it’s a really poor excuse, that holds no validity.

I was pretty intrigued by the turbo-diesel Ford Rangers I saw when I was in Uruguay. It’d be interesting to see someone offer a diesel small truck here.

Im sure toyota/nissan can make a good truck, all they do is take a F150 and a silverado and merge the best of both into one truck totally ripping off american engineered ideas.

I rather have a f150 than a titan or tundra though.

All trucks should be nothing but diesels…