new z in the stable

I found a z in jersey that I just couldn’t resist. Its an 88 300zx turbo with a couple of mods. It has a pathfinder 3.3 liter engine with a hybrid t3/t4 turbo, intercooled, 440cc injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, tt fuel pump, haltech standalone, 3 inch turbo back with a stock looking muffler and a pressure activated bypass cutout. It rides on 350z rims, tockico illuminas, eibach springs, bigger sway bars, and crappy tires. The 87-88 models have LSD and bigger dual piston calipers stock. It has a year old white paint job and no real visible rust. It supposedly dynoed 390 to the wheels at 10psi. I got her for 2300. The bad thing is that it needs to be rebuilt. The guy let the boost spike and now cylinder 1 holds 50% pressure on the leak down test that I performed and it smokes quite a bit. So I could buy a cheap 3.3 engine,rering the current engine, or… build it and get really crazy. I think that I am going with option three. I wil have pics in a couple of days. oh and I will be selling my 86 very soon.

3.3 seems like it would be a more gooder engine, should be plenty cheap too. Stock manifolds bolt right up? Heads (more or less) the same?

Spec’s on the '86…

Its the same pretty much. They just beefed up the block so that you could go with a bigger bore. You have to swap the crank/oil pump to be able to use the 300 oil pan and use the 300 cams. Its an 86t, 5 spd, black, front end painted, act race clutch, electric fans, N/A motor(9:1) compression, black charcoil interior, leather seats, new radiator moved for placement of intercooler(Haven’t plumbed yet but will soon). manual boost regulator, 200zr hood scope(looks mean), 150k on body, 110k on motor, new timing belt, water pump, head gaskets, I have a LSD but it is not in the car but it bolts right in. 3in turbo back mandrel bend exhaust with test pipe and 3in pipe out of the back. T3 turbo with mimimal shaft play. Has stock suspension which is in pretty good condition but I have intrax springs that will go with the car. It has tt polished rims but I think that I am going to keep them. I have another set of tt rims that arn’t polished. I will post pics tommorow when I move the 88 to start taking the motor out. I really don’t need 2 z’s. It could use a little rust repair on the rear quarters and rockers.

welcome :wave:

:wave:

welcome.Where you from?

:tup: welcome…

bout time we got some Z31’s on here

I live in rochester now with theblue, I grew up in liverpool ny. I was on here a little bit last year. I just picked up the 88 and thought that I would post. I quit my job last year and went back to RIT, so I had no money for the z. I got a new job and picked up the 88. I had a light blue one a while back. I will post picks tommorow.

Welcome Aboard :wave:

I got pics, how do I upload them. I haven’t done it in a while.

more gooder? :bloated: sorry i couldnt resist.

also welcome !

here ya go

Here are some more. I think that she is a he. The first pic is the exhaust bypass.

THis is what I meant. First satalite antenna ever.

:tup:

Old school hotness for '07

:tup: for another fellow Z

nice whip

welcome from another Liverpool alumni.

80’s cars oh yeah baby!