New Z06 Vette to be called the ZR1

The rumors keep going back and forth on the car, so who knows what will happen. Back in the day when the Fixed Roof Coupe C5 came out they were supposed to be ub3r light strippers, that never came to fruition. So I hope the sub 3k lbs rumors hold true for the ZR1 (Blue Devil/SS) but I guess I have my doubts.

You’re 100% right about the tire game. Not only does GM not put above-average tires on the C6Z… they put HORRIBLE tires on them. Honestly, the EMTs on C6Z06s are so bad I’m surprised the lawyers let it roll out like that. The car is just way too much for those shit tires. Like I’ve mentioned before the stock alignment really holds the car back as well.

And why the hell did GM have to try to do its own big brake setup? They should have done like everybody else does (AMG, Porsche, Ferrari etc) and gone to Brembo.

So in short the ZR1 had damn well better:- Come in < 3,000 LBS- Have REAL Big Brakes (ie Brembo)- Have an aggresive alignment- Come on REAL tires (ie Pilot Cup Sport)

Honestly, I don’t see the LS7 as that great of a motor. The LS3/L92 etc. all have “LS7 style” heads that flow like crazy. But they don’t have stupid expensive internals. The LS7 has had more reliablity issues than any previous Gen III/IV motor also. I do like the idea of being dry-sump for a track car (I hate all my PCV issues) but the LS7’s setup is pretty half-assed. I’m sure GM is going towards the 6.2L motor rather than 7.0L for thicker cylinder liners and better reliablity under boost. Look at the power ppl are making with a Ford 5.4L built for boost (Google Joe GTTT) think about what is going to happen with a Gen IV 6.2L built for boost once it gets out to the aftermarket.

-TJ