New Z06 Vette to be called the ZR1

Perhaps you missed my 2nd paragraph. :slight_smile:

I’m not aware of exactly what tires come equipped on a C6Z but it would be nice if it came with Toyo RA1s or something with similar grip. Also, why are you unsatisfied with the C6Z brakes? Are carbon-carbon brakes not good enough for you? They seem to work well in F1. I think your observation of sub-par braking for the C6Z can be attributed to the tires. I am a firm believer of the fact that when it comes to track times, tires have a greater effect than anything else.

Also, maybe you meant to say that people who ONLY care about the trap speed of a 'vette are missing the point. :slight_smile: There are some of us who know there is more to life than trap speeds. And I firmly believe that car manufacturers should post their Nurburgring lap times in addition to 0-60, 1/4, and braking stats…

The Porsche 996 turbo can return to the start/finish in about ~7:40 after going for a scenic drive. :wink: I believe the new 500hp Skyline R35 GTR can do it a few seconds quicker. Any data on how long a scenic drive for a C6Z lasts?

But basically, I believe the brakes are fine, and the tires are not. Aero is good and too much is never enough, especially if you can change wing angles during straights :wink: