Newest addition to the family

So yesterday morning I picked up my urs4. A few hours later my buddy Joey & I headed over to the lovely city of Schenectady to go pick up my brother’s new car, actually this will be his 1st. It’s an 87 Mercury Grand Marquis, 1 owner with 25,824 original miles. This car is a boat of a car & very clean. It has a 5.0 302 in it which should make this be a fun ride for him. Everything works, power everything. The car has been in storage since 96 so my father & I are gonna go through the car & inspect everything before we get it on the road. Here’s some pics. Plans are leave it stock (brother’s choice) but I’m hoping I can talk him into building a sleeper of some sorts. :dunno

Found this brand new in the box under the passenger seat

The 2 boats

BALLER! I would rock the shit out of that around town! Tell him to put a cam and exhaust in it! lol

and curb feelers. Gotta have them!

JDM offset front plate mount FTW!

donk that shit

BOSS ride dude! Seats are like a fucking Layzboy. Extra comfy!

wow that thing is great. anyway to confirm 25k and not 125k?

I’ll have to scan through the records & double check. The car’s been off the road since 96 though.

those are good derby cars! smash it up!

Awesome car.

Nice. Captains chariot

nice man! airbag that sh@t.

Why ruin something so mint?

I’m trying to talk my brother into making it a sleeper.

That thing is sweet! A lot of possibilities with that 5.0 motor.

Just hoping my brother will do something cool with it.

its got the low output 302, not the HO like the Mustang

What kind of seat rails did you use to get the couch to mount up to clean?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Good question to ask Ford haha

douche

Haven’t really posted much about the Merc so here’s a little status update. My dad & I are both pretty busy with our jobs & since I work weekends 3-11 it’s hard to find time to work on it but hopefully by spring she’ll be back on the road. So far, we’ve gotten it into the garage & started diving into going over everything. We’ve determined the problem to be it not getting fuel so we pulled the tank, completely drained it of the gas that’s from 1997, & started cleaning everything up. I threw a new fuel filter in it, pulled the tank out of the car & just needs the new pump put in it. My brother has been saying for years he wants air horns hooked up to his car so I decided to get him a set of air horns for it. Just gotta wire them up, thankfully there’s all sorts of room to neatly install the kit. Since the exhaust is broken right before the rear axle & the muffler is off, my brother decided it would be a good idea to replace it with a cherry bomb. We’re just planning to throw the muffler on with a simple turn down before the rear axle for a clean look. I’m hoping I can talk him into getting a set of torque thrust wheels for it next haha. Once we get it running, the next big thing will be getting a new stereo installed in it. My brother’s big into music & would rather have a new stereo over the stock am/fm radio.

Yummy

best friend had one of these . We got hit by a snow plow in it on the northway and just kept on driving. bent the bumper a little but that was it