Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

the shell is a lot cleaner than the pics. the pics do not do it justice

haha, welcome to nyspeed, andy. :slight_smile:

:wave:

:eekdance:

I think you’d better start your own DIY thread here sir :tup:

Whoops sorry I’d better not hijack Mr. N’s thread anymore than I already have
Time’s short for website banter these days the perils of too many projects, small children and all the other things that are laughingly called my life…

I want to see pics of your projects :tup:

/hijack :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok so what’s the trick to uploading pictures on here

host them and than when your typing you message just use [/IMG] tags

see clear as mud- er which button is that then???

I shall try this the old fashioned wayLet’s see if that works- new intake for the RB in the skyline…

pfft, no power tap? pussy…

Hahahahaha Andy. :slight_smile: Allow me to hi jack the thread for a second. Just one.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/DSC00411.jpg

Andy’s cars > all :slight_smile:

no offence newman, but i read that entire thing, and got to this…

and then i realized… i waisted all that time… all i really needed was a picture of gary burch…

gary burch, my vote for hottest male USA!

tweety should be good to go. :slight_smile: We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, kids.

I want to make love to that in 9 different ways. Just sayin…

OOPS ! now the secrets are coming out…

I just hope the Hybrid guys haven’t been using that Skidsteer to move my skyline around???

I still reckon Tom’s Mustang needs an RB motor though… and before this all degenerates any further I need anothe glass of the falling down water- TTFN

Well to get the thread back to where it needs to be.

Newman made some decent progress patching the floor tonight. Looks great. time for pics

I have to agree!..Everyone please note that I was flicking the camera off in the first picture so maybe this should be NWS

Pretty simple yet a bit time consuming.

Yesterday I wire wheeled and sanded the driver’s side floor pan making sure to get all of the rust off. Most of it was actually just rust dust from a few problem spots:

Then, using some 16GA plates, I tacked the plates over the rust from the inside:

Next, I will fill in the seams with seam sealant and then paint the floorpan with rust inhibiting paint. This is a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.