Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

fucking siq…this is why I love my job.

:word: Nice work xtian.

seems like everything almost comes in as pairs into the collector… what about a 6-3-1… seems like it would save a little bit of tubing and not as much of a cluster fuck at the collector, and it would leave that flange at the same place… but By all means your manifold looks like it would work perfect… and the difference you’d see from going 6-3-1 wouldn’t be noticed…

I looked into it, it’s actually harder because you have less distance to get the runners the same length.

I took a few minutes and made the collector pipes into flat patterns which i can print out on paper, wrap around a piece of straight pipe, then cut and grind:

QTY 2 up, QTY 2 down

QTY 2

thats sort of how mine looked (with the exception of 4 pipes)
but, mine came with lots of slag and some extra weld rod sticking out :slight_smile:

Newman, that’s some nice work. I’m jealous of your CAD skillz.

is hybrid’s welder(matt i think) gonna be tig welding it?

he could probably do it with his eyes closed.

what program did u use to map that out?

inventor

bought the software, or just downloaded it?

got it from work i believe

thx

it’s inventor, as andy said, but it’s not something you can just jump into. I’ve been using the program for about 4 years now, daily…

dumb question, how do you benifit from keeping the header dumps equal length im asuming it has something to do with boost pressure

Slightly slower spool intially, builds quicker in the mid range, but it opens the gateway to infinitely more power on the top end.

thanks

it looked familiar, thats why i was asking, i have very little machining experiance, but i work with guys that do it all day long. i stick to welding/fabricating, thats my job.

well, then you weld em, i’ll design em…