Niagara Dragstrip, or what's left of it :(

first off…

apparently you never taken a car down lancasters track then. its fun to watch as a kid, but as an adult, you can see the many problems with that entire facility. also, the 1/8 is ghey.

That track isnt the best but, its atleast a bit safer than wrecking on the street. But, you can tell they’re slowly letting it go. The return road is like a fuckin nature trail. I remember like 3yrs. ago I was there and I ran a black '73 or so Nova (it was someone from UBRF…maybe they’re here now) he stalled or something, pull off the return path/trail/whatever and he got it started and tried to get back on the track and he was rooster-tailing mud, I think he got stuck. Another thing, its your opinion that 1/8mi. sucks, and we all know what opinions are like…I like both. If you dont feel like beating it for 1320 feet but, want to see what your car has in it, do the 1/8th.

Now for Camaro Joe…Im betting you’d know the car… ok some older fella’s were tellin me about 2 Super Stock Dodge cars that were pretty famous amoung the Niagara strip. Well, the red one is sitting behind someones barn/garage/house in Niagara county (pin points it, doesnt it…lol) its untouched since it stopped track use back in the 70s, or 80s. The guy that wons it wont sell it for nothing and its rotting away, kinda like the track.

Lastly, for those who dont know but, want more a more personal experince of what the track was like, there’s a yearly get together where the ol timers and people that used to go there have pictures, old videos, and tell old stories. I havent been but, a friend of mine says it was awsome.