Nice supra project, short lifespan

This is from supraforums

A local car collector purchased a factory low mileaged 94 TT hardtopper 6 spd and wanted Cody to address a few things and/or issues the car had, and put his personal touch to it. Chances are when all is said and done, the car will end up covered inside a climate controlled garage facility with the rest of his toys.

First thing Cody did was removal of the engine and had the bay soda blasted and repainted. The painter painted everything including the lower cradle, power steering rack, everything.

Interior is not completely put together or finished, but new panels, console were replaced. Guages will be removed and factory seats will go back in. Basically everything will be factory again.

Here is a picture of the brand new 4 row.

Here are the wheels that were chosen. Not sure what model Iforged they are, but the rears are 18x11’s with 295 BFG drag radials in the rear, with 265 continental sport tires in the front.

Here is a picture of the engine with the intake manifold and throttle body mocked up. The valve covers, cam gears, cam gear plate has been chrome, everything else polished. The block and lower parts were painted black.

Another shot of the engine.

Picture after we dropped in the motor and tranny.

Another picture of the motor in the car. Note that the spark plug cover is from Cody’s QS car, the cover that will go on the car is getting painted alpine right now.

Here is a side shot of the motor. The turbo system that is going in the car is a WOTM 71GTS kti with a billet wheel. The compressor housing is going to be sent off to get polished.

Last shot for now. By the time I had left tonight, Cody had the fans, all the wiring harness installed, all the PS lines, intake manifold is on. This car should be complete here pretty soon just waiting on a few things. Then after I do a full detail on it, I will take more pictures of the final product.

here are some pics of the 99.9% finished project!!

Car is pretty much done. I clay bar’d and polished it today and took some more pictures.

The ending

Update…I gave the car back to the owner and he was totally in love with driving the car, we had a E85/680rwhp tune up on it and it was PERFECT for the streets. He let one of his employees drive the car today while on a scenic cruise through the canyon he got on it going through a corner and spun the car around and rolled it four times. The owner was following in another car, but his employee that was driving the car had a passenger (friend) that got banged up pretty bad and had to be life flighted. Luckily there were no fatal injuries except for another rare 94 hardtopper gone and tons of time, money, and TLC ruined.

A very sad update, I’m pretty pissed.

I warned the owner not to let any random dude drive this kind of car because you have to know what you’re doing when handling these things, but he’s a big boy and he knew the risks.

Pure dissapointment:

And some beer and cake to kill the sadness:

that is a gorgeous engine bay.

edit: that WAS… a gorgeous engine bay.

That makes me a sad eviljay…

Wow. I read the first post, then refreshed the page and saw the second post. That sucks. Should have put a cage into it.

o m g. that sucks… how much did it cost total to build that car the way he did?

sux

:frowning:

x2

that sucks so bad… Thats what he gets for letting someone drive a high HP car like that though

wow.

Man… that’s shitty. Sad to see such a nice car ruined.

fuck me

Wonder if that employee kept his job…

wow, I wonder what ins gave him in return?

oh dear god i just lost my appetite. BIG :tdown: was such a nice car.

How long between the two posts?

dibs on the motor?

this is why i trust nearly no one to drive a car i put money and time into. not worth it.

I will take the engine and rims off his hands.

More money than Brains