Nice Upstate NY Residential Garage (Pics)

There is a garage door in that garage.

That would cost as much as a house in buffalo.
I would be happy with a garage that was above grade :frowning:

wow

almost pimp, add a full lift and PIMP :tup:

Cool idea. I would be afraid to do some major wrenching though. I would be afraid to start grinding away and ruin the drywall or the leather chair…

I will tell you what is baller about that, that fact that he did it in NY. Holy taxes on a garage. lol. If I pimp out my garage there will NOT be pictures on the intraweb.lol:snky:

Simply awesome…

That garage cost 3 times more than most of the houses in WNY.

That is killer.
Problem with having a full lift in a garage that you actually use(park in) is the posts. You park it in between the posts and get lots of nice door dings and bad accessability to get in and out. The way he has it is nice. Judging the set up he has to be pretty well off- therefore i doubt he is doing any major work on his vehicles. Maybe oil changes and installing track tires etc…

Monthly - Change between R-Compound track tires and performance street tires, change brake pads from race compounds to street or between race compounds, bleed brakes before every track event, adjust car geometry and sort (ie: camber) for street and back to track, or dial in whatever I need for a given track setup, perform routine tech inspections… etc. (The garage does get dirty, just in case your wondering.)
Seasonally - Flush and swap brake fluid every 3 months, install after-market parts like chips, control arms, strut braces, CAIs, or fabricate small parts, install gauges, swap rotors, change other fluids, brake lines, clean the car up, play, putz, and generally screw around, drink a beer and wax the hood, (bugs die hard at 149-mph) - drink a beer and watch the Rolex Series. Fix small stuff. Swap snow tires for my daily driver. Store the M3 for the winter.
Maybe this decade: I am unlikely to ever pull the engine, diff, or transmission myself in this space - so this isn’t really a full fledged “shop” by design. Some will see the fixed Bend-Pack lift and think; “but you can’t drop the tranmission…” I respect those who do, and can. I can’t, and don’t. Any major project is performed by my trusted friend, an independent BMW certified master mechanic - which he is, and I am not. I can read a Bentley manual, but I pick my battles. I come at all of this from a drivers perspective right now, but maybe later.

Exactly, he doesnt do major work.

Bah… he could EASILY drop the trans/motor using that lift… i did mine with Jack stands…

We have these all over western new york, their called Carriage Houses, only difference is living space is above the garage portion, but nothing is going to stop you from adding something to the first floor.

One addition I recently was working consisted of taking the one “unusable” 2 deep bay (was under the stairs/blocked by man door) and turned it into living space. Leaving just about enough room for 4 cars tightly packed or 2 comfortably.

The kitchen, small bath, possibly office, was on the first floor, upstairs are bedrooms and common rooms to a house. This is completely seperate from the main house and is labeled 42 1/2 or something similar for the address.

For the big Jacobs job we did one heck of a build, the garage is finished in Sapele tongue and grove waynes cotting, and 2x10+ oak trim around the garage doors.

Above this massive attached garage is a full bath, bedroom, and the common area that connects them could easily have become a small kitchen.

The 2 floor carriage house design is a much better idea in our area, because it keeps the “common” rooms separate from the private rooms and plus saves on heating by making two zones. In floor radiant (right in the concrete or tile) is awesome for any car guy, just to expensive to put in to old construction unless your repouring your garage pad.

My dream “garage house” would be 2 floors, with the ability for a full lift, but the kicker would be that lift brings the car up into the 2nd floor for maximum clearance, and you could always keep your show car “up” and park something less important under, and of course, the more living space you put up top, you gain in your garage. It would kind of be like an observation deck in the living room :stuck_out_tongue: That however would be pricey.

When building something like this its all in your taste, you don’t need the 100K designer garage door when standard door would work for you just fine.

That garage is awesome. Very impressed.

:word:

SO awesome. that garage is a sleeper. lol. (many puns intended)

wow…amazing.

im making this type of house design my new dream home. just looks like you could do anything and everything in that garage. i swapped my motor with jack stands and a chain hoist and i was fine, i couldn’t even imagine the possibilities with everything in that garage.

I’ve seen this before, very cool indeed.

i like the garage in tokyo drift lol

I Could live in there, have a pool in the backyard and i would be all set

I Guess the only thing i wouldn’t like is the constant smell of oil/gas etc. Maybe put in sliding glass doors or something to help

love it.

all that fundage to just have an M3? i figure he’d daily an M3, winterbeat something else and have something real special for the track. proof the M does it all i 'spose. i know i wouldn’t be happy without a full lift, a midrise just wouldn’t do it for me, i’m spoiled.

Wow.

And all i want is a 2 or 2.5 wide and tall enough to store shit.