NickAlero's 91 Galant VR4

if you’re only goin 90s id like a stab at the whip this weekend :excited

I’ll make sure my boost leak is fixed then :lol

And I will gladly comply lol

u need couplers?

with boost leaks like that you are going to over work the turbo in no time.

I’m so excited this thing is not being sold. WOOT WOOT!

mid-high 90’s is a high 13/low 14 sec car. Turn up the wick more.

kaboom!

I saw your run last night. our cars would definitely be a good/close race.

For some reason the G-Vr4s have always had issues with getting warm. needs a vented hood or something

20psi is too much for an evo3 16g? My reference line for my boost controller is in the first piece of intercooler pipe, so I’m positive that vacuum line is seeing 20lbs and telling the wg to open. The turbo is working normally, the boost is just pissing out somewhere. After I eat breakfast, I’ll find out exactly where.

He means the turbo is working harder to reach 20psi with all the leaks.

oh ok. I think since my boost reference is right in that first piece of ic pipe the turbo is working as hard as it normally does. It would make sense that way at least.

correct

glad my pointers worked for you dude, maybe next time wind it out a little higher.

nick , the best way to find boost leeks that are not obv is to smoke the system man . we have a smoke machine at work we use to presurrize the system and if and when a leek is there smoke will poor out of it

Couplers anger me for this reason. Welded hard pipes and o-ringed vbands FTW.

go to home depot and get a rubber vent cap from the plumbing section the size of the IC pipe going into the throttle body and a tire valve with the little nut you tighten down to seal it to what ever you are attaching it to. Drill a hole in the rubber cap, stick the valve through it and put the nut/seal on it.

clamp that bitch on the charge pipe as far up stream as you can (right at the throttle body). get a tank of air, or a line off the air compressor (when its not running) and give it a quick blast in the system with 30 psi or so. If you have a leak you will hear it pissing out and can track it down. or if you have a loose coupler you will blow it off. lol

$5 boost leak finder for the win.

BONUS FEATURE, put it on the throttle body and look for gasket leaks, vac leaks, etc. too!

Nick this car needs some one who knows what they are doing to go through and fix all the half ass shit under the hood

I don’t have an air compressor and still want to either smoke the system or check it with a compressor, but I pulled the front off the car and checked all the vacuum line leads, they are all good. Possible that I blew the turbo? I make 15lbs in 1st and 2nd, but I build 19 by the end of third…kinda confused at this point. Turbz just isn’t spooling as fast as it usually does.

Thats what I’m thinkin…

less load in 1st and 2nd rather than 3rd.