NickAlero's 91 Galant VR4

Just caught this, thanks man, me too!

I normally build 20lbs by 4-5k in 1st though…? Not sure what you’re getting at…

Is the turbo on that internally gated? Does it have some miles on it?

Possible WG spring is just getting weak and turbo might be hateing life a bit…

dont worry about it, just drive it. DSM turbos are cheap. if it blows buy new one.

I’m not sure how many miles are on it, and it is internally gated.

I can get another 16g for under 200 bucks, but I think I would go up to a 20g if I blow this one.

find a DSM FP red or even a FP green. the FP green kills the old 20g turbos

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FP&Category_Code=DSM-Turbo

pick yer poison

14 second club. Congrats d00d

This thing would be a good run for like a stock si or oz rally.

This won’t work to do a boost leak check.

Yes it will, he forgot the part where you cap the other end though.

Exactly. Easier to just feed the air thru the turbo inlet.

Yes sirrrrrrrrrrr.

So who has an air compressor or will help me with a smoke machine? I don’t want to buy a new turbz if I don’t have to…

:ponder

:lurk

wait you ran a 14?

why dont you just replace it all man. all of the hoses need to be bead rolled, buy some good couplers, get some t bolt clamps and go to advance and replace all the vac line. do it all and clean it up man.

Had a moment…lol

yes robert, i ran a 14.

May as well honestly. But if it turns out to be a blown turbo or something worse I’d rather put the money there for now. I’m looking to be in a halfway decent daily by the middle of the summer so I can really do some good to this car.

I’ll have to take a closer look at this thing next time and see what I can find that may need to be addressed.

I doubt theres anything wrong with the turbo. Just replace the other shit, it’s a nightmare otherwise. You could always have KrazyKid weld the hard pipes so you have minimal couplers to worry about.