NickAlero's 91 Galant VR4

nick alero text me and told me he wants a del sol, and that i need to find him one

immediately.

i found one up to your specs with 31k but the guy wants 10 grand ahah

I’m looking for a MUCH cheaper one :rofl

this thing sucks as well as the owner

can vouch for the owner being a baton swallower and such

somebody that knows these cars, what does need to be good? thinking about this as a second car.

Could probably benefit from everything in this list:
Power steering delete, pump gave out. Still turns fine.
Swap the tranny’s.
De-ghettofy the recirc’ed BOV
timing belt
water pump
belt tensioner

Thats all I can think of.

Sold to McBitchin. Thread title should be changed appropriately methinks…

will start a thread or something, need lots of opinions from dsm’ers lots of parts being ordered soon.

I assume you can read? http://www.dsmtuners.com/ DSM’s are OLD! and all the questions you can think of asking about a DSM have most likely already been answered 50 times. This is your best place to start.

i got to page 7 and quit reading… lol

If anyone cares let me catch you up to speed Since Mcbitchin took ownership.

…Car in 2 words Death Trap well it was.

Nicks VR4 newb thread Galant VR4 forums (Click)

Ive had this car to work on for almost a week in my free time and basically heres what i got the first day:

~Idle screw set to idle car at 2700
~Found 3 blown fuses with a small metal wire wrapped around boths sides of the fuse so it wouldn’t blow.
~Passenger wiper looks like it would fit on a ATV if ATVs had wipers
~Glued on air filter to the MAF and its SO DIRTY. but someone decided to keep it bc its a AEM (MAD HP YO!)
~Both front axle bearing are bad
~Center Diff Bearing bad
~PCV valve missing and stripped out on valve cover.
~Wiring… LOL on 7 plugs someone must of broke the soder and put the plug on but the wires were just JAMMED in there.
~Overheating due to Bad fan relay and fan not on at all.
~Syncos in 1st, 2nd, and reverse are half way to shot. (have a spare Trans in my garage :lol)
And so on…

Since New ownership we’ve:
~Coolant Flush and New OEM thermostat
~2 New fan relays
~Mishimoto Slim Fan
~Oil Change (knowing cars that have sold on shift…who knows how long ago the oil was changed.)
~New Timing Cover
~New Front bearings
~So many other gaskets and bearings i cant think of… i had a whole box of new stuff.
~New Samco Diverter valve (Ordered)
~DSM Link (In the car just have to wire in)
~Custom intake pipe
~SLP MAF for a LS1.
& alot More

Im currently finishing up the bearings/DSM link and waiting for the new intake for the new MAF and filter. Also going through the wiring to make sure he dosn’t failvas himself and have a Car-B-Que. Compression test later this week.

After New intake/DSM link/Maf etc the car is going to get a REAL tune and not some mail order bride… i mean Street tune with a SAFC2 that dosnt work right and only monitors the RPMs lol

If Anyone knows Tom or anyone who has worked on it and your name isnt jiggs, PM me. Id really like to sit down and talk about the car for 5 minutes to get this thing going like it used to.

Also Need a 4G63 Valve cover/extra parts.

So you are a DSM pro now?

Pump is still working GREAT… its just you have a MASSIVE aka FUCCILO HUGE leak in the driver rear wheel so the power steering leaks and then it sounds like you have a massive stupercharger!

Common sense when working on a car. and whats wrong. DSM or not.

But yes, Professional Driver, Closed Course. :crackup

I saw this at your house on saturday… I drove by WOT in my Fit :rofl

Would stopped by but was going to dinner with the wife. I shall stop by sometime

I don’t believe anythingg hooked on240 posted… can we get a reliable source up in here?

Wow hookedon240 is trying to bash jiggs. Last time I checked every car Joe built actually runs and is not a figment of ones imagination.

agreed, jiggz built is solid

Word. Jiggs is my ni99a