NickAlero's 91 Galant VR4

It all depends on how the car is tuned. You could get in the 30s on the highway and mid 20’s in the city if it has a decent tune on it.

gas is great for getting miles out of your car

Yeah i would let jiggs have a go at it. just make sure you don’t get him riled up, hes notorious for calling Mitsubishi to tell them the shop manual is wrong.

joe jiggs…riled up…noooo neverr

Decided to put my double din JVC deck out of the CL in the Galant today, hated the single din that the PO had in there (it will be for sale soon). Buttons were too small and the deck just felt awkward to use in the car. Plus it had no aux for my iPod. Just need to fab up/order a face piece for the din and it will be all set, on top of picking up an antennae adapter. The old mounting bits transferred over from the old deck so it made install a breeze. I’ll post pics when its bright out.

Debating either relocating or ditching the turbo timer. If I relocate it, it will be put in the ashtray above the deck, but I don’t use it anyway so it may just continue to sleep in the space behind the deck. We’ll see what happens.

An update. The motor has crankwalked. I am unsure how damaged the motor is at this point, but I am with 2 options at this point. The first is to sell the car and take a hit, which I am considering right now. The second is to take the 7 bolt out and build a new 6 bolt for it. My parents, who hate the idea of building anything, are telling me to keep it, because that’s why I said I got it, for a project. The only upside to going home…I have a REAL garage to work on the car in.

Time will honestly tell what I do. I’m trying not to do anything stupid right now based on my feelings at the moment, which is anger…I put 856 miles on the car and it walked. I’ll keep this thread updated on the situation.

sucks that the inevitable happened. How bad did it grenade? I had one literally lock the motor up at 45 going down the road and destroy the block.

keep it

6bolt swap. Do it

ACT2600 + 7bolt = fail

why does it have a 7 bolt in it to begin with?

dont paint it

Take one bolt out, instant 6 bolt ‘Shady’ mod.

+rep

:ahh:rofl:rofl:rofl

German bro I saw u near western on 87 in the SILVERADO

At least you didn’t replace your tranny and got Link/tune before the motor walked.
It comes with owning a dsm even though none of mine crankwalked with 140k+ miles :lol

What kind of ass clown puts a 7bolt in a gvr4

What is this the fucking Sigtings thread

Sorry to hear nick, keep it and make it a project car like you said.

Yea Im confused, shouldnt be a 7 bolt in this