NickAlero's 91 Galant VR4

Part of owning a project car is learning, and a lot of learning comes from doing it.So what if he misdiagnosed it? He figured out what was wrong with it and hes gonna make it right. EVERYBODY gets in over there heads at some point with a project car and thats how they learn.

good that you got to the bottom of everything man. i hope this thing lives for a long long time!

Now that you have some time you should put together some money and get a 6 bolt back in. Im sure some of the guys on the forum would give you a hand so you could do it on the cheap.

Saw JohnnyK on route 7 this evening

:rofl

mitsu,s maching is mostly to blame on there gaskets holding up . when i worked for them we had a rash of the 3.0 lt v6,s get recalled because no headgaskets were installed on them . the only issue was a slight oil leak lol

fuck mitsu’s

basically , nick ya need to slow down man . ya get way to overhyped on your cars and shit . dont let everyone and there father work on it or your gonna end up like pjb . take it to one person that knows the platform and stick with it lol

there located in a different spot at the bottom of the motor unvisable.

if you cant get an OEM head gasket, i was told from a very well known source that the Fel-Pro gasket is a very durable gasket. Mike Reichen is this source. look him up if you’re unfamiliar.

1g 7 bolt. the cas is up where the 6 bolt has em. this was my 93.

Brakes are fixed and the car is running more solid then the day I got it! Drove about 50 miles tonight, no overheating (and I was beating on it), no stalls (and I was making lots of hard rights and shifting during them KRAMER) :lol.
Only hickup was another boost leak, which turned out to be the line from the blow off valve (again). Gonna pick up a few things and lock that line down, but look out for her at LVD Wednesday night. Shooting for a high 12 to low 13 second pass and to be able to drive her home after I do it!

Congrats brotha! After having my car out of commission for 6 weeks last year the ~80 mile cruise I took the night I put it on the road was fucking awesome so I know how you feel :rofl

Don’t fucking do it… Seriously, if you break something your going to be putting it up in the FS thread again because your not going to want to put money in it… Car will take some serious fucking abuse on a hard launch especially if its hot and the track is sticky as fuck

RELAX, it’ll be fine! I used to do 6k clutch dumps in my cousins 91 GSX all the time without a problem.

Let 'er rip!

invest in some zipties?

I don’t know if I will launch the car, as of now, I do not plan on it.

If you runt he car with out launching it you are wasting your time and beating on the car for no reason. The only reason these things are quick is because they can rip out of the hole.

Well I have a trailer and don’t charge much for towing. Just sayin.