Nike + Ipod

Well let me tell you a little something about Nike+ if you don’t know anything about it. Nike teamed up with Mac and decided to make a little sensor that goes into your shoe. This then connects to your Ipod, you proceed to run around (treadmill/the block/etc) and it tracks your progress. (Distance, Time, Pace, Calories)

I know it seems a little dull doesn’t it. Well here comes the interesting part, you upload your stats to nikeplus.com. You can challenge friends, join competitions, and leave messages to fellow runners. Theres a catch though with the messages. When a person leaves you a comment they set a certain distance for it to show up at. You see that you have a comment (repped by a star) but you can’t read it until you hit that certain distance.

Another thing that is incorporated is google maps. You can view around your area of routes people like to run or make your own route. Its pretty damn nifty, I just got this yesterday and ran my first 3 miles this morning.

Oh forgot to mention, you know those New years resolution everyone makes and you always seem to forget about. (meaning weight etc) Well this constantly reminds you every time you sign on to nikeplus.

All in all its a game for when you run. Going good so far. If anyone has this or thinks there going to purchase it hit me up, will get a pittspeed running challenge or something going.

thats kinda neat.
I’d probably be the dickhead that set a message at 45,000miles :kekegay:

i have one. pretty neat how it works

Pretty cool idea, but only works with iPod nano I think. Which sucks for us iPod video guys.

I have one too, got it last year for christmas and still haven’t unwrapped it

watch Dan come in here challenging everyone :kekegay:

does it only work with nike+ shoes?

nope you can get a ipod pouch thing you add to your shoes. check amazon.com they have those pouches !

you only have 1 shoe?

I think you could just put the sensor in your pocket.
If you dont have a descent pair of nike shoes, I would recommend getting some anyway. I forgot how good nike shoes are for running

you need to jump on that son.

I used to eat nike running shoes alive when i was running in highschool all the time. I prefer asic or NB. I just got a new pair of Puma running shoes. will see how these last

no challenge ill win hands down.

Link to said product?

i actually just talked my dad into buying this today, im letting him test drive it if he likes it i may go buy an ipod nano, and the kit. maybe it will actually give me enough motivation to actually run

does it only work with the nano? i have a 4th gen 60gb

It only works with the nano, the reason being is that Apple didn’t develop it for iPods that use a hard drive because the bouncing in the run will dramatically shorten the life of the hard drive.

for all that running you do? :rofl:

i used it for a week.

Cheeks aint gonna run anywhere :kekegay:

/running…sprints are where it is at.

yesh