Nike Plus NYSpeed Challenge. JOIN.

I suck at running but figure I’d make a challenge to see who does it. If you have nike plus, feel free. I figured I’d make it nice and easy for the first one: First to 50 miles. Starts on September 1st and goes through the month.

Lets get it on!

http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?l=all_challenges,1623926321

Someone has to be up for it :slight_smile:

lol. i have a real “tracker”… garmin forerunner 405

can i play?

Same here.

:tup:

equal opportunity :gotme: ?

i can link you to my workouts… I’m training for a marathon, so i prob wont hit 50mi until the end of the month…

damn, I don’t think I can update distance for people.

Which marathon are you running? My bro is doing the one in Montreal on the 5th.

havnt picked one yet… just started training 2 weeks ago… im on a 20 week program that I will just extend to the spring.

What is this 20 week program? I started to run ~2 weeks ago also. I can officially run a mile now :lol: I just go for time(usually 15 min a go)

i did 5 miles yesterday. today i have intervals… check out this months mens journal, there is a training program in there that works pretty well.

marathon is a tough task…if you pull it off , more power to you! I try to run ~20 miles a week or so, the computer at work doesn’t like that site for some reason so i’ll have to check it when i get home

How long did it take you to do 5 mi? Did you run the entire thing? I can’t go more than a mile without feeling like I’m going to die.

I’ll pick up the Men’s Journal today :tup:

Jay, you’ll crush me in the nike+ challenge :lol:

keep at it, when i started running over the winter i was the same way…i felt like i was really getting far when i got to 2 miles haha everyone is different, but i feel personally that once i get past that first 1.5-2 miles, you just get into a rhythm and keep going. goodluck :slight_smile:

so true

5 Miles was - 1:04:26 – pace per mile 12:53 with an average speed of 4.7mph and avg heart rate of 130

This training session required me to keep the speed under 5mph - which is where my forefunner comes in handy… it shows my real time speed/heart rate so I can stay on pace.

when I was on track in HS I could run forever…now…shit I couldnt run one lap around the track lmfao.

the trick is to run when you dont want to run. not when you CANT run ie your legs are jelly, but when you dont feel like running.

im on there it will take me like 5 months to run 50 miles though

in, just signed up

I’m with you, I actually only run about 1.4 miles a day :lol:

you’ll be running more than that in no time!