2010 Buffalo Marathon

http://www.buffalomarathon.com/marathoninfo.cfm

Who’s gonna run it with me? I’m think I’m going to do the half again, and try to get my time down to 1:40 or so (did 2:03 last year with walking most of the last mile).

http://www.buffalomarathon.com/marathoncourse.cfm

Anyone want to sponsor me? :lol: I’ll wear a shirt with your logo on it!

Dude, wear one of those “wanna drink stuff?” Electric Ave. shirts. Rich would prob sponsor you in the form of a bar tab :tup: Also, they’re pretty sweet. I’m buying one when they do another batch.

ask jackie emerson

I am retired

The farthest I run is to the break room when they announce birthday cake for some coworker I barely know.

:cry:

I was intending on the full Buffalo event, but have since decided to doing the San Diego marathon in June…those are too close together to do a full, but I will most likely be able to do the half at that time here in Buff.

I am doing the half, hoping to run it in around 2:00 - 2:10.

Man its been a wile since i could run that far. I think that this is the same group that i competed with when i skated it 2000-2001? Started in the city and went over the rainbow bridge and finished in Canada… Man its been awile.

Have fun!

I was only thinking of doing the half as well, just looking to get my time down about 20 mins or so from last year (2:03:xx).

info on san diego? have you run it before?

I’ve never ran a marathon before. I’ve lost an aunt and a grandfather in the recent past to leukemia, so I’m going to join several of my family members for the event in SD as it’s put on by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. There’s a fundraising aspect to it as well, and I was told that if one raises a certain amount they will cover airfare and hotel (nedd to tripple confirm this one…so don’t quote me here). Regardless, I feel like this is a good reason for me to take on the challenge, plus I’ll be turning 30 a few weeks prior so it’s a good way to start that decade of my life:)

http://www.teamintraining.org/rnrsandiego/

Mike you are going to LOVE the rnr san diego. They really know how to plan and execute races well. I did the rnr seattle last year. I think it was the only tim in my life I will run 26.2 miles in a day though haha. I am considering running across the grand canyon though.

I quit smoking (1 week today woot!) and want to start running in the spring. As of right now, I don’t think I could jog 1/2 mile before being winded lol. Though ive been sitting on my ass for the past few months doing jack shit, so i’m hella out of shape.

up up up!

team nyspeed?

I would be down for a the marathon relay. 10k for the first 3 runners and then 12 for the anchor.

I can do a mile and a half now before dying so it would be cool incentive to work up to the 6.5 miles for the 10k by the end of may.

LOL at splitting up a HALF marathon.

If I trained for it, I could run the full one but I seriously get bored running 20 minutes… running for 6 hours would be hell.

I do not believe that you could and there is only one way to prove me wrong. Just saying that you could do something like run 26.2 miles if you felt like training for it is huge BS.

I agree that the 26.2 miles would be nearly impossible to train for in a short time frame unless you have some given natural endurance and running ability. I was talking about running half a marathon yourself instead of splitting it up into the relay. 6-12 miles is obtainable in 5 months of training.

Naw my ancestors didn’t develop brains big enough to figure out how to eat without having to chase food so that I could just go and run for fun.

Seriously though I hate running. The only time I don’t hate running if it involves some sort of kicking, throwing, catching, or chasing some sort of ball.