Any runners on the forum?

So i’ve been trying to run 3-4 times a week, between 3 and 4 miles each time for the past couple months… entered my first “race” this past weekend and ran the Medved 5k at the 10 Ugly Men Festival in Rochester. Ended up finishing 155th out of 420 with a time of 24:35. I was pretty happy with that seeing that I wanted to just be in the top half of the crowd :slight_smile: Next up is a 10k at the end of August i’m starting to get ready for… was just curious if anyone else runs on a routine schedule etc too

There is a race coming up at MIssissippi Muds. 5k. prizes for the top male and female racers. Something more local. I believe it is August 16th at 6:30pm. Let me know if you want me to forward the email to you!

sure forward it over, not sure i’ll go but i will atleast check into it

I run quite often.

you do any “races” or just on your own time? i couldn’t believe how many people were there and how serious they looked!

I do run races whenever I am in the loop about when they are. I mostly just like running just to be out and running. I usually do not run the same route often there are TONS of trails and places to run in my area so I just grab the GPS and go.

good stuff, yea variety is the key i’ve found if it gets repetitive it gets boring

Im going to do my first 5K soon. Havent picked one yet

Ck out
http://www.buffalorunners.com/

i only run when chased…

Or if you’re doing the chasing :lol:

I only run at the gym right now, but I do want to get more into actually running around outside lol. I recently made it a goal of mine to run a marathon within 3-5 years. i usually will run for at least 4 miles at the gym though, if not more.

thanks for the tip :tup: if you end up picking a local 5k let me know i may join you

damn, marathon…i give you alot of props for taking that on! i’d like to run a half marathon eventually, we’ll see

its gonna be a few years hehe. Im probably going to do the half marathon a couple times before i go for a full one as well. Gonna take a lot of training to get myself there, but I want to do it! :smiley:

I just got done running up some big damn mountain. What a bitch! Was about 7miles total half up half down obv. I wanted to run a marathon but after running a half marathon I decided against it haha.

yea seriously haha i have a friend who’s been running forever, and if she hasn’t done a marathon yet there is no way i’m going to LOL

Marathons are alot harder than most people realize. I had a friend in Hawaii who ran at least 6 miles a day, and 13 miles once a week. When she ran a marathon in Boston, she still said she was ready to die.

I’ve been trying to run more lately, I just get busy as hell. I would love to do a 5k soon.

There are many good races during the summer, my favs are the ones with good parties and beer drinking afterward.

I have been training for the disney marathon in January but with 5 stress fractures it has been pretty tough. I did run the Utica Boilermaker a couple weeks ago which was a 15k.

since there is a bunch of people who want to do a 5k we should pick one and all run it, good motivation for the ones thinking about it :slight_smile:

I’d do that. NYSpeed run meet? lol. Who would have thought?