Any runners on the forum?

I used to run a lot when I was training as a tennis player. I do not run now anymore. Too many disc problems in my back. I’d bike or skate now if anything to get back in shape.

yea really haha who’d of thunk it! the buffalo runners link that was posted earlier in here has a bunch of 5k’s listed for august, if anyone has a preference on which one post it up…or if you want to wait till september, i’m down for whatever

Lets have shirts made!

haha i don’t see that being a problem we could figure something out :slight_smile:

The bullfeathers run is fun race, my dad used to run it every year. If you guys want to get together and run it I would be down.

http://www.tesb.org/run.htm

Edit

Actually the real bullfeathers race is August 29th which I cant make for sure

http://www.nickelcityroadrunners.com/RaceApplications/BullfeathersApplication2008.pdf

hmm…wish it wasn’t so soon, but weds nights i’m usually free, lets see how many we could get

NYSpeed community project? Raise money for something and run?

Lets try to help out a foundation that works with retarded people since we’ll also be helping alot of the members of this site.

:rofl: that made my morning

edit in all seriousness, i’d be up for something like that its a good idea…it’d have to be something that is more in advance though

Ran 6 miles last night with the gf. 52 min is about a 8.6 min mile, not all that great but she slowed me down!

Going to run the Bullfeather’s 5K on Aug 6 @ 7pm!

When you are running to improve yourself you don’t want to run anything faster than 8 or 9 minute miles. The time spent out there is far more important than the distance that you go.

I used to run quite a bit back in the day, I think my best 5K was somewhere around 17:50. I haven’t run in a while though. I’m a lazy fuck now lol Hell I just woke up 15 minutes ago :slight_smile:

ran 4 miles last nite, averaged a touch under 8 minutes/mile

anyone else want to do that bullfeather run? looks like we’d have 3 so far?

I should be running tonight, go I need to. I feel soooo damn good after a nice run and a big shit.

Why cant I figure out how to register for this online? Help