any runners?

I’m trying to get in shape…

i was getting kinda fat, so i started running on my lunchbreaks. Yeah, it’s a treadmill, so it’s mad easy. I can’t go for too long… i usually do 4.5 miles or so in about 40 minutes. But i’ve run outside a few times and i like it alot better… but only late at night… Does anyone else ever wanna run in the southtowns?

by fat do you mean 140 lbs instead of the orginal 130? that you probally weight lol

ill do it and my friend dan runs for ub. he does th steeple chase and hes been known to run from west seneca to chestnut ridge and back for fun. HE ALWAYS RUNS. so im sure hell be down.

No sir. I usually run through the gorge. When I want to run.

:slight_smile:

i was up to like 158. i should weigh 140-145

I’ll follow behind you in the elise. The HIDs will keep you safe.

i do a lot of running on the treadmill…

damn… if you were closer i would def go running.

if i was near you i would def be down…i am got fat

i used to run ~10 miles a day mon-sat when i was in HS, now i usually run ~5-6 miles a few times a week. nowhere near the southtowns though.

Ive been riding the 20" a lot more. im even racing cruiser class again. anyways running always seems to mess with my knees so i usually stick with the eliptical at the buff state gym. ive been slacking on the whole gym thing tho. i like riding bikes better…you should try it… pussy

go run a organized race, I think the cozumel one is coming up soon. Its a 5K I think. I usually run in delaware park once a week.

Don’t be a god damn sissy.
Just start eating healthy (I am guessing you kinda do)
and lift some weights
It got me in alot better shape

i did this fat burn thing on the treadmill on lunch which fucked with incline angle… christ, that was brutal… little changes in degree really take alot out of you… i had to go from my usualy 8 minute mile down to a 9.5 minute mile over the course of 40 minutes.

I used to run a solid 5 miles a day around the base when I was in Iraq. Now I run a solid 5 times to the fridge to get some beers :tup:

when i played lacrosse i used to run…a lot. now im prob lucky if i can get in a full mile without collapsing haha.

eat lots of food. hit the gym. run and/or jog whenever. quit being a whiny pussy.

the fat burn will keep you right around 65% of your max heart rate, and is usually done at a slow jog, or a fast walk.

i suggest intervals. you will burn more cals faster, plus it will keep HGH levels up… and you’re getting old now, so they are starting to drop.

oh, and buy my tread

oh yeah, and to mimic running out doors, set the incline to 1-2 deg, or stop being a pussy and use the hill program that every tread in the world has.

I run on my lunch break every day too. Except I’m in Amherst.

ZD, a guy I work with runs intervals because he doesn’t lose weight that way. Any time he starts running distance he drops weight.

well running 20 min intervals and then 20 miles or whatever long distance is are 2 totally different critters.

do you really want me to go into the science beind it? i am tried and havent been at my desk for almost 2 weeks because i have been at heath and fitness conventions and shit.
but if you really really really want me to, i will tell you all about why your friend is losing water and muscle mass when he runs long distance vs burning fat and building lean skeletal muscle when he runs intervals.
but really, im tired, and would rather think about drinking beer in 54 min

I need to get on a rec soccer team again. Playing soccer’s pretty much the only way I get a good cardio workout. I get so focused that I forget how much running sucks.