The Cardio Thread

Weather is warming up and hopefully people will get out and do more exercise…

There’s already a straight up lifting thread (thanks to 94gt5.0) but I find that documenting and writing down what was accomplished helps keep a regular pattern, especially for those doing regular cardio.

So post your recent cardio workout!

(For the wisea$$e$- I know the definition of “workout” will include some R rated activity, but smart a$$ comments are most welcome… :lol)

For me,

Wednesday-
ran 3 miles, about 8:40 pace
erg 3000m, 2:25 split/500 m

When its nice I’ll run ~ 3.5 miles on my route. But for now, I’m stuck on a treadmill at the gym, :(.

Next week I’m starting myself on a full TurboFailvis diet and lifting program which is mon/tues/thur/fri, on Wednesdays I’m going to run 3-4 miles at a 8:00 pace (dunno if I can do that right now but I should work my way down to it within a few weeks).

I am going to start to run around the black again.

I’ve got to work my way upto 3 miles.

What average speed do you guys do 3 miles in? Jogging or actually running?

I used to be 25:00 or so 2 winters ago which is horrible, but I’m a lardass so cut me some slack. That was not hardcore balls to the wall (was only practice) but I doubt I could have done much better going 100%

When I do 5k’s (3.2 miles) I usually do them in 18:30-19 minutes. Not too bad, I’d like to get a bit faster though.

Fawk me, 6 min miles Sully? cmon now.

My cardio has been weak. I try to do 2 miles or so twice a week. I will run outside more now, although my knees kill me on the pavement.

treadmills kill my knees, im fine on pavement unless i got dumpy shoes then my ankles act up

lol, I’m a pretty decent runner, always have been. If I know an exact distance that I’m going to run, I can go way faster and pace myself accordingly.

6 minute miles is pretty advanced shit.

As of right now my workout schedule does not include any cardio.

i have a pogo stick

My cardio has been slipping over winter but soon enough I’ll be able to mountain bike 3 or 4 times a week for a few hours at a clip to bring it back. Last year I was able to complete a 6 hour mountain bike race I want to get back to that level again.

try cross fit out i love it…its an awesome all around work out

25:00 for 3 miles is “good enough” for me, I’m not into competition so much just trying to burn cals… I’ve averaged that pace on a treadmill before but that’s not “real”… Plus, like dynos, some treadmills are “faster” than others :lol

Could probably go faster if there was a dozen chicken wings at the finish line or something…

But Kramer, come on kid, you’re a young buck so you should be able to clock that with no training, completely hung over,

No $hit, that 5K is blazing man, you a cross country runner? It’s one thing to pace yourself, it’s even more impressive to have the muscular endurance to maintain that pace.

+1

I dunno what defines “run”, but if you’re doing 8:30 min miles, I’d consider that running (7.2 mph). Shoot, for me, anything over 6 mph looks like I’m having a seizure probably.

I plan to start running today in an effort to get into slightly better shape and get ready for basketball and co-ed softball.

I’m not fat or out of shape by any means, but I’d like to be under 190lbs. I’m 195 right now. I’m 5’11".

I used to run the mile in HS in like 10:30 lol. I HATE running, but I’m older now and it needs to become a habit/done.

sully if i see u out running ur gettin megaphoned

17-20 miles on the bike at the gym Monday thru Friday. 20 today.
Then I take a half hour walk at night and its about a mile and a half or so.

On Sundays Ive been taking a 4-5 mile walk in the morning and a 2.5 mile walk at night.

When I was just working for the Y I was taking advantage of my free Y membership and I’d go and ride for about an hour on the bikes and depending on how energetic I was feeling I’d usually get like 20-22 miles in, but it got so boring, I dunno how you can maintain a workout ethic on them lol.

I bring a magazine and read it while on the bike. Its usually kind of relaxing.