Real "Biggest Loser" Participants Thread

Since the show started any every office is probably doing one, figured I would start a thread with some ideas that people are doing and things they have been eating to cut pounds.

Home workouts, gym routines, and basic diets for the typical 8-5er.

Also post up your starting weight and update it every week. Go.

I started at 231lbs on Nov 14th. Im at 203 lbs now, Im 6ft tall. I have been going to the gym 7 days a week doing lots of free weights, and cardio afterwards. I have been eating low carb/low calorie foods. I eat lots of high protein foods aswell.

I would have won this shit from april until december I went from 359 to 255lbs

it’s kind of wasted effort to lift and do cardio at the same time, unless you dont mind

I’ve actually gained 4lbs since i started working out…
i was 184 and now im about 188.6 or something

Working out 4 days a week, and i cut out about 500-800 calories per day depending on if it’s a work day, or if i have classes

M- Back
Tues-Chest/Triceps
Wed- Biceps, forearms, abs
thurs-off
fri- shoulders/traps

saturday and sunday are rest days too, which i usually try to run, just to keep stamina, leg muscles, cut fat or whatever… i do the guerilla cardio shit 4-7 times a week. usually 4 lol

uhhhh :cjerk:

you’ll burn more calories per unit time lifting than you would doing most cardio… lifting should be a big part of any weight loss program

:picard:

I’m in two weight-loss pools, one at calspan, one at my work… have to lose 10% or your weight from jan 1-april 1.

Started at 200, down to 182, pretty safe to say im making the cut by april 1st :lol:

No fucking shit. The cardio is the wasted effort part, not the lifting… lol
If you’re doing cardio to cut fat and for weight loss purposes, you’re better off saving your time for lifting and muscle building exercises and having proper diet and just skipping the cutting period all together if you’re already at a decent size

how is cardio wasted effort? i know people who have lost weight just by doing cardio everyday and eating better. no lifting

Some really dumb statements so far. :tup:

if they are dumb cougar please correct us

I would its just not that type of subject. It takes time and dedication to really know what is best for YOU.
However

Weight training = good
Low Intensity Cardio = good
High Intensity Cardio = good
Proper diet = good
Combining these in an INDIVIDUALIZED program to meet whatever the desired outcome is. = good

so bascailly keep chaning shit till you find whats best for you… my buddy who lost like 7 pounds in 1 week just doing cardio and eating better… ya i have been doing cardio for 2 weeks now and eating better and have not lost 1 damn pound. its frustrating

Fist off you should find your bodytype

The type of training and diet will be somewhat dictated by the following.
Bodytype
Short term goals
Starting point

Once you determine what you are bodytype wise do some reading about diet for that type.
As far as training I will say that I am 100% confident that HIIT

Almost always works amazing combined with some low intensity longer duration cardio(fast walk slow jog 30min+)
As far as weight training to actually building a nice looking physique over just losing weight this is necessary. Weight training will add or sustain minimally(while dropping bf) muscle and increase the nice shape of a desired figure. This also has weight loss and bf% reduction benefits through increased metabolic activity(due to more lean mass), calories burned during exercise, and calories burned post exercise. The type of lifting again is dictated by your goals.

There is way moire involved answers though but this should help some. What you should be doing HIGHLY depends on your end goals though.

Lifting doesn’t build endurance. So I lift to lose weight, and I do cardio to build endurance. Most body builders can’t run 5 feet.

I wish they had the Biggest Gainer show!!! Would be cool to see a bunch of 150lb guys lifting weights and building mass IMO. My Doctor’s always tell me not to do Squats or Deadlifts… damn them what am i supposed to be skinny my entire life!

My coworker is in that situation. His goal is to put on mass without doing a taco bell crash diet. Haha.

oh, lol, whoops

I’ve been lifting pretty hard the past 3 months w/ cardio. I started out weighing 225, i’m now at 230. I’m 5’11".

obviously, It’s REALLY hard to just gauge progress by weight alone if you’re lifting. The mirror is your best gauge. However, i would like to lose about 15lbs of fat in the next 4 months.

It’s time for a routine change…Starting P90x next week with the wife since i’m not looking for much more bulk.

Yeah, well the problem for me is eating, i can basically eat whatever i want and not get fat. But another thing is im now NEVER HUNGRY!!! I try to eat every 3 hours and I just never feel like eating so i force myself and nothings tastes as good to me any more :frowning: Also results and strength come slow IMO… although i have gained weight since doing deadlifts and squats every week!!!

Im following the “weight watchers” system. Bascially Calorie counting.

Im down 8lbs since December. Im doing only a little working out. If you follow it corrently you can loose 1lb per week with NO excersise.

My daily diet

Breakfast
1 can of pepsi
1 Fiber 1 bar
1 can of diet soda

Snack
Pretzles

Lunch
Usually a subway sub or a lunch i bring in.

Dinner
We try to cook out of the weight watchers cook books. The meals are not too bad. I still eat BBQ ribs, hamburgers ect. Its all in moderation.

I have had weeks of 3lbs lost, and that was with GOOD eating and good working out. 5days that week, 2 salads for dinner. When im not being good, ive been the same a few weeks, and T-giving week i gained .8lbs.

Im giving myself until July to loose the other 15lbs that i want too.

Good luck all!