Turkey Trot : Who is doing it?

I have been training for it the past few weeks, lost 3 weeks worth of training when I had the flu/after effects of it. And I have boycotted beer from this past Friday until the after the race.

But this is my first road race ever, I am hoping to keep a pace between 8 and 9 minutes, hopefully in the low 40’s. I am excited for it! Who else is doing it?

Ill be doing it, as long as the weather holds up. I got really sick a few wks ago and stopped running for a few wks also, hopefully I can finish with an ok time. Its a good run, pretty much all downhill, but you never know what the weather is going to be like.

you know ill be there, time will probly be crap though lol

It’s only a 5k right?

EDIT: oh, it’s an 8K… Hmm i wonder if I could run the whole thing w/ no training…

and hungover from the night before right?

You could probably do it, its all about adjusting your pace.

And Burns — we will meet up down there, I am not sure if Treads is doing it or not.

I plan on doing it as well…but fuck that if I’m going to give up my beer drinking just for the race. Shooing for a 7:00 pace.

44:56 this morning, have a little more work to do :tup:

and Mike93, i broke my no-beer streak thursday :oops:

too crowded… I hate running around people cause everyone thinks they are a better runner than they really are

Uhhh, it’s a family oriented holiday run for people of all ages but I guess you are too srs bzns for that. I can picture you shoving old women and children out of the way…

umm there are people who have been running for a greater portion of their life, that like to be semi competitive with it.

there is no shoving just a lot of weaving in and out. and its more the other people that are super serious business… but are slow as fuck that cause the issues. the family casual runners know they should be in the back…

Awesome first road race :tup:

So many fucking people! Ended up running 43:47 or so (iPod time), who else went? Happy Thanksgiving everyone

I ran just under 44 min according to the stopwatch, didnt get my chip time. Kinda slow but not bad considering I havent been running much

Ditto, did about 3 weeks of running overall to get ready for this… You must’ve been right near me, I started between the 7 minute and 8 minute flag

Bump.

Anyone do this yesterday? I decided last minute to go with a friend, only ended up running a 45:xx (without stopping) with no training and being stuck in traffic. Haven’t ran in about two years lol.

I always here this is super packed. I started running this year and can get to the 5-6 mile mark but my pace is 13/min a mile. What is the average novice time I should be looking to get to before entering something like this?

Not too be an asshole, but, isn’t 13 minutes a mile longer of a time then the amount of time we were given to walk/run a mile in elementary school and even the super fat kids were able to walk it in less time? Not being an ass but it seems you could walk it in less time.

It is close. I never was a runner so running about 5 1/2 miles in an hour which isn’t bad from other runners I run with and their feedback.

A lot of people that are not athletic use the 30 min/5k mark. My target time is 11 min miles for next summer but again, in March I struggled running .35 miles.

I would say half the people that enter walk so don’t think you need to run a certain time to enter. Just start at the proper mile marker in the beginning to avoid annoying others. I ran it but didn’t register as it was full.

I’m not sure what the average pace for a novice runner would be. I’m sure @cougarspeed would be able to shine some light in if he isn’t too busy hitting balls in Florida right now.

Just run at your own pace, if you couldn’t do the .35 (once around a track) in March then you’re deff doing something good! But to answer your previous question, yes, the TT is packed with people. I bet I could’ve clicked off a couple more minutes at ease.

• Updated - - -

Same, which I hate doing. I have no problem paying, it was just full and I felt like a cheap-chooch doing so, haha.