Nike+ w/ipod

i have an ipod but never really bought into the trendy shit involved with it… but i need to get my run times down due to a new job opportunity, and i HATE running

my friend told me bout this thing and i gave in and got it… its actually pretty sweet. it works with any ipod nano only, but the kit itself is 29 bucks, but you have to get the nike shoes that tie in with it… i needed new shoes anyway so i got the whole set

it basically lets you set up playlists for running, but also tells you how far youve gone, how long youve been running, gives you cal burned, how many min per mile… and when you get done, you plug it in to itunes and it keeps track of everything

i think theres even running workouts and coaching you can download for it too

ive never been a serious runner cause i cant stand it, but this was actually one of the more fun runs ive done… finished 3.2 miles in 27 min (which may seem ok, but no where near where i used to be)

that’s fucking sweet. i want to get one of these. i need new running shoes too.

what shoes did you get… do all of them work? Plus it says on the site that you need an ipod nano, i have an ipod but not a nano, will it still work?

I got the moto 6’s real nice, real comfortable… 95 bucks. all the ipod shoes have a removable sole which you put the oval sensor in it, put the sole back in, and thats what tracks your pace, distance etc…

you have to have a nano only. new or old, it doesnt matter.

heres pretty much what it does

wow… theres more to this than i originally thought… once you sign up to the nike site, you can download other peoples music lists(and pay for them… P2P anyone?) you can also set up training for 5k’s 10k’s speed etc… also, theres an area on the site that tracks on google maps, street by street, where youve ran to, and at what point you got to there.

im actually glad i got this thing

Nifty.

This thread makes me wish I:

A) Ran.
B) Owned a nano.
C) Owned a Nike pair of sneakers.

nano only ftl

yeah… but

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=nano&minAsk=min&maxAsk=75

I have been using mine since march, it definatelly motivates you to get out there and its surprising accurate when you calibrate it correctly

No need for special Nike shoes. Lots of companies make holders for the sensor part that clips on to your shoe laces. Good for me since I hate Nike shoes.

Actually I am using this for my runs…much more accurate

http://www.thegpsstore.com/images/largeimages/garmin-forerunner-205-gps-watch.jpg

i would buy something like this saying i am gonna use it when i start running… but i will never go running.

I know they are cheap, but for people that already have ipods that aren’t nanos, this sorta is gay.

Spiffy little gadget.

What the fuck is this? Why is running so damn complicated these days? Whatever happened to just getting out there and going? Sneakers are optional…

On another note, my Saucony sneakers are so damn comfortable for running, I’d never trade them for a pair of nikes.

Also, why do you need to run for a job?

That is the Garmin Forerunner GPS. You can do all kinds of great stuff with it. I mainly use it to figure out distance and pace. You can also set it up to chart a hike through areas without paths or use it as a trainer for different kinds of working out. I can set a virtual partner on it to run a certain pace. If I fall behind that pace, it tells me how far off the pace I am by time and distance.
I’ve used it for biking as well. Its a very neat little gadget.

GOD I LOVE MY FOREUNNER! It does a great job of making you keep up pace during those times you start to relax too much. It has improved my run times tremendously. This nike nano thing seems cool too. I actually just switched from asics nimbus to nike vomero and am VERY happy. Nike has stepped up their running shoes in the last few years although they still make a bunch that suck imo.

I have 3 pair of nike shox with the +ipod thing and finally picked up the ipod attachment for my nano. I did a quick run last night to see if it worked and it sure does. Pretty cool. On a side note, I started to run 2 days ago and made it up this small hill had had to quit lol. I was fairly disappointed in my ability lol.

HAHAH this is funny because I love to run hills and i took my brother in law up one a few weeks ago and he made it to the top…hurled and said he was going to faint and we had to walk home hahahaha.

I’m fairly in shape… just running is a different beast to me. I never liked running, I set a goal and want to hit it. Once I do, I’ll stop running again :slight_smile: