Nintendo Switch

I am wondering if any of you have any inside info on getting one of these on release day. My daughters and I are HUGE Zelda fans (yes I am a HUGE nerd) and we have been waiting patiently for Breath of the Wild for about two years. I went to pre-order a switch on the day after the announcement only to find out they were sold out everywhere. I will settle for the Wii U version but would love it on the switch. Normally I don’t fall for all of this hype crap, but this is a special circumstance. I would be happy to help someone out if they helped me. I just am not going to pay a $600 e-bay price for something like this and feed into the scammers.

Damn, I had no idea this was that hot of an item. A quick search and it looks like people are saying it could be intentional by Nintendo. “Manufactured scarcity.”

Just like the “classic” that won’t stay on shelfs still.

Yes, Nintendo has done this in the past. I wouldn’t consider it a good market strategy , but it is a strategy that has been successful in the past. I’ll give the original Wii a pass, but they definitely did this on purpose with the classic. 2 million Switch units on initial ship is no joke though. All of these people are buying it for Zelda - or to make profit.

It’s funny though, the game was developed for the Wii U with the NX or Switch as an afterthought. It is only upscaled for the Switch to 900p which is still garbage in today’s standards. Here I am as a good little lemming though.

Wow

https://youtu.be/5kcdRBHM7kM

I haven’t had a Nintendo console since N64, basically since xbox was made. But I do feel nostalgic when I look back at N64 and the time period in my life.

Last night I bought The Empire Strikes Back on steam.

I still play my N64 from time to time. I have to laugh when I do because I have a 4k 65" TV and the N64 looks awful on it.

I downloaded some emulators and was blown away at how much better the quality was on that when I played the ocarina of time Zelda for N64.

I thought about grabbing one of these Nintendos, but I didn’t realize they were so in demand. Guess I’ll have to wait and see what the prices look like after release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The last Zelda game I played was the green/black colored one on GameBoy. I have good memories of the Super Nintendo one as well :tup:

Any luck finding one on release day? I know a friend got one and the Zelda BOTW special edition but tempted to sell already, impulse purchase I guess lol.

I’ve called around to gamestop and oogie and they said all stores sold out. There’s tons for sale on Craigslist, but I won’t pay more than retail for it. I want one, but not that bad. I thew my names.on a list with gamestop to call me when they have some in stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I got one. Best buy in amherst had over a hundred or so. Either way I waited in line. Was it worth it? Probably not, but it is an awesome game and a cool idea for a system. I was just on vacation to great wolf lodge with the family and the switch was worth its weight in gold when the kids were sleeping. Was able to just pick it up and jam out.

Give him my number if he wants to sell. As long as it’s not over cost. Or I’ll just wait.