Nissan Sentra Spec-V Part 2

I did have a topic about learning about the Spec-V’s, but now unfortunately,
I have to look at the down side.

as an Example, my mom’s GXE had two problems,

1. the CD/Radio has improper welding, and the rear left speaker is static, and does not work. BUT, she went to a junk yard, and got one for very little money as a replacement from a totalled Sentra.

2. the plastic cover on the Mirror, above the drivers seat, straight up broke when she tried to open it, and again, she just went to the junkyard to buy a new one, heh.

I mean, things like that, any problems with the Sentra I should look out for?

obviously basic care is necisary for the car, Oil Changes, Alternaters, washing ect.

but,… any imput here boys?..

It’s Nissans entry level sedan. Not a Bently. Minor problem like that will appear on the car over time. Maintain it will and she will treat you well… Only major issues with the sentra are well documented. (precat, and butterflies). Try doing some searching also.
www.b15sentra.net
www.thevboard.com
www.qr25de.net
www.serboard.com/forums/

What was said in your last thread is all true. ALL cars have minor problems and as said above this is considered an “econobox” the Spec V has a much higher quality radio in it, but I would say that is a minor issue anyhow you are asking guys who LOVE these cars and believe me if you buy one you will love it and if you do the things tha are needed to ensure your car will last, you will have it for a long time:
eg. locktiteing the butterfly screws and removing the stock header & you will really not have any problems with this car.

In the end it is going to be your decision on wheter or not you buy a Spec and there is enough people in North America that stand behind these cars. Sure they aren’t as fast as say an SRT-4 but you buy a Spec and throw a turbo on it and you have something much faster than an SRT-4 for still less money, and a much higher build quality, the SRT4 has power windows in the front and manual windows in the back, need I say more? Really it comes down to if you want a Spec or not if you want one buy one if not look for another kind of car.

With y car there are a few things that bother me, they are

1. The damn cupholders are too close to the cd changer and everytime I use them it changes the disc.
  2. The numbers are worn off the shifter knob. Minor but looks bad.
  3. The shifter boot has a small tear in it, how is beyond me.
  4. Clunky shifting from 1st to 2nd.
  5. Where’s the damn armrest for the right arm?
  6. The Nissan logo on the engine cover is bubbled.
  7. Auto window down, why not auto window up?
  8. My friends 06 mustang GT is faster.
  1. The damn cupholders are too close to the cd changer and everytime I use them it changes the disc.
    Can’t say anthing about this. Cup holders are really in a bad place… I use the rear ones all the time.

2. The numbers are worn off the shifter knob. Minor but looks bad.
    Mine are completly gone… I think it looks better.

3. The shifter boot has a small tear in it, how is beyond me.
    Mine also has one. I replaced it with a real leather one.

4. Clunky shifting from 1st to 2nd.
    They have fixed this in the 05-06 models

5. Where’s the damn armrest for the right arm?
    I don’t know about this one. My arm is happy on the right side. Fits fin on the cd holder.

6. The Nissan logo on the engine cover is bubbled.
    Yeah thats nissan for you.

7. Auto window down, why not auto window up?
    Auto up is for saftey reasons i’m guessing. Just incase your dog is out the window and you hand slips and window goes up on your dogs head.

8. My friends 06 mustang GT is faster
    I don’t know how you can compar the two.

Ha ha, good reply’s. Mines an 05 and it’s still clunky shifting, maybe I wanna decapitate my dog, The mustang is the only other car I cruise with and seeing his tailights is getting old. :E

Buy a turbo :E

Yep, but 6200.00 is about 6100.00 more then I have to spend right now.

Hahaha that’s classic :smiley:

Oh I think you could get a Turbo kit from P2 for a bit cheaper than that

how much cheaper???

I dunno prob. 5800 or something like that.

Wouldn’t that still be $5700 too much? :smiley:

wow we can all add and subtract I’m glad. now lets stay on topic.

Who is P2? The one I was quoted was from turbonetics. From lightspeed in red deer.

P2=Powertech Performance

They are in Thunder Bay Ontario, and they are the guys that really started this whole Spec V Turbo Scene. www.powertechperformance.com

*oops :oops:

Addy is wrong Nick