nitrous pressure cap defect?

went to get my bottle filled for the first time and the pressure cap blew at 2lbs. the guy is bitchin that I put it together wrong but that’s difficult to do its 2 pieces that only go one way. sounds more like a defect is that likely?

its not 2 pieces. my disk is one piece then you put the cap on. make sure its tight or it will let go

yeah the disk is one i meant that the whole assembly is 2, the fitting the cap sits on and the cap itself. i’ll take it apart when i get it back and see if the cap blew or blew off…maybe i didn’t tighten it good enough

cap def blew out

was it a new bottle and where did you get it filled at?

thats why you should have it filled in west newton were they take care of there customers

new bottle and a friend of a friend filled it. there’s no way the 800psi his refill station sits at will pop a 3k psi cap without some other problem. i’m just sick of hearing i did something wrong

i didnt say you did i just said they take care of there cuctomer he probably had the shit to fix it right there plus its only 3.50 a pound

this guy bought his own station and he’s local (got it way cheaper than that) but i will keep that in mind.

and the previous statement wasnt’ directed at you you responded in between me and slowwhitez

can i get just the cap or do i have to buy the whole thing now?

but back to my original question…is there ANYTHING that i could have fucked up putting that in that would have caused it to blow like that? not tight enough, too tight?

all you need is the pop off piece summit and jegs sell them three in a pack for like 6.00 or seven dollars

do you happen to have a link i couldn’t find it, or maybe i’m searching for the wrong thing.

i cant see you doing anything does the guy filling the bottle have a pressure gauge on his station

oh i think i found them

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=NOS-16165NOS&N=700+-150356+115&autoview=sku

do you think i did anything to cause this? i can’t see it being anything but a defect…and i def am not taking it back to him as he won’t refill it, he’s convinced the blue cover for that blow off cap not being tight is what caused it. :rolleyes:

yeah he said it sits at 800psi

also i was told not to use teflon on the fittings is that not a good idea?

no sealant on the blow off disk threads

i was told not to use sealant on anything. i can’t remember if i used it on those threads or not. but i can’t see how that would contribute to the disk failing

i use it on NPT fittings you dont use it on AN fittings

where was the bottle sitting before it was filled that could play a big factor in what happened and as i asked before do the station have a pressure gauge

yeah if the bottle was hot thats a no no freezing the bottle is a good thing and do you have the blow down adapter for your bottle if not I have one and it has the burst disk in it I’d prob. sell it for 20.