No more Krispy Kreme for WNY

the only remaining branch of the two that were in WNY closed…and there are no plans for any future branches locally.

http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/440320.html

i can live with or without them…sure they were good, but not necessary for me to survive.

amazing though how when they opened not many years ago there were lines all the way down Niagara Falls Blvd, and the need for police presence the make sure the crowds didn’t get out of hand for the first few weeks they were opened…and shortly after a 2nd branch opened in an equally high-traffic location…and now they’re gone.

has WNY realized how unhealthy they are? are we sick of being the town known for its food? …doubt it.

seriously they are closing, damn i liked the occasional glazed donut

Gross, they are like eating air.

Now you can get them at many stores so, no need for lines.

they make you FAT

read the article…

apparently the one on walden was the factory that shipped out all over WNY to all the gas stations, wilson farms, tops, etc…that also carried them.

with nowhere locally cooking them, nowhere locally will be carrying them.

the article specifically states that with this closing there will be nowhere in western or central NY where Krispy Kreme doughnuts can be purchased.

I was just saying that is why there were no lines.
They always seemed to sell out at gas stations, etc.

maybe if they cooked the fuckin things all the way they’d taste better. as if a filthy deep fried sugar lump is what WNYer’s needed!

now WNY can lose some weight

:lol:

GOOD ONE!

everyone watch out, the cops are gunna be pissed.

I haven’t had a Krispy Kreme in years. No loss. It’s a donut.
I do remember the mile + lines along Niagara Falls Blvd when that location opened up. Hard to believe it has been 8 years.

were homer simpson when ya needs some one to eat donuts.

I for one welcome our new Dunkin Donuts overlords.

When I lived in NC, I ate those things many times a month, and loved them. I can honestly say, I have never once eaten one up here in WNY. Timmy Ho’s has too good of a grip up here.

word. i ate them all the time when i lived in the south. up here tim hortons runs the streets.

Priceless and one funny ass comedian too boot.

I haven’t been too one in probably 3-4 years, I occasionally get a donut from Timmy’s or Tops/Wegmans (extremely rare)

edit

God damn it not being able to embed youtube is irritating.

If by “lose some weight”, you mean ‘triple Tim Horton’s and Dunkin Donuts profits’, then you’re exactly right.

oh sNAP!@!!! i get it…

Paula’s Donuts >*

If I’m going to eat a donut,I want a real one…not some air biscuit.