no more performance mods :(

i looked at my bank account today and i had 2800$ after paying for my tuition at nait.
today i went in for orientation and to buy my books and found out that for 1 sem, i bought 1800$ in books!!! yes for 1 sem, i couldnt believe it.

so i still have 1000$ left but i have to save that becuase i wont be working much and i need money for my 323$/month insurance so yah, there goes my exhaust,cai, and header.
till next summer atleast.

any ideas on how to get some quick cash, or anyone know of anyone hiring besides fast food, im a cook at a restaurant now( i want to get out of it), and im looking in the paper and as i drive around.i can only work 1 day a week (pref. sat) so yah if anyone has any openings at their jobs and is 15/hr or more, let me know.

that sucks to hear, but i know how you feel, fuckin school…so good but so much $$ , and as for a job get out of the back of the house!! go bartend or serve, you will make way more especially one day a week, and since your allready at a cook just ask them to move you up it would be easier than going somewhere else i think

That sux, college really is a lot of money, depending on what you take, all my friends back home are flat broke. I however, chose a career that pays me a healthy salary for going to college and guarenteed me a job after I finished, and here I am with no debt and a great trade. :wink:

I don’t know how you can make money on the side, since I’ve only had one job, but I know a few that do bartending and you can make really good $$ in tips.

Good luck. :smiley:

actually yah i told them i want to be a server since i know the whole menu and they are alwatys talking about walking out with 150$ in tips sometimes in like 5-6 hr shifts! what the fuck am i doing i ask myself. my boss is pretty much an asshole and just said no! hes like your a good cook and its easier to get servers then cooks. so yah, i could prob get one at a diff restaurant but its hard when your only able to work 1 day, nobody will hire you for that. thats why i ask around because its way easier when you know someone that works there.
as for bartending i would know where to start with the drinks, i know the basics and im sure its not hard, but alot of places want someone experienced.

anywho yah i wasnt expectiong a 1700$ book tab, i really want some lowering springs and my header haha. cant do much in the winter anyways so maby ill just park it and save the money from insurance. i just dont like taking the bus its so shitty especially in the cold!!

Im taking Power Engineering Technology and NAIT BTW(really good money when im done in 2 yrs, but i need to have some fun with my spec while im in school and its to slow haha.)

i want to reach 200whp and ill be happy. thats like a 50hp gain shouldnt be to hard, intake header and exhaust are prob like 30 if i get an avg of 10 out of each, that a good start.

To the wheels stock the Spec V has 146hp, go to my website and you can see how much HP you can gain after: I/H/E/DP/ESMMI/Cams/JWT C&F/ JWT BSR/UR CRAnk Pulley/and an SAFCII Dynotuned;186hp at the wheels, NO ONE has hit 200hp on an NA QR25. Sorry to tell you dude.

Pizza delivery driver? It’s what I do. I get paid $8 an hour, but on average I make around $15 an hour because of tips. Last Tuesday, for example, I made $19.75 an hour because it was busy.

that sucks dude. no worries though im sure more then half of the board know exactly how you feel.

Id buy that if I had money =(

Suck it up buddy. I didn’t even buy my first car until AFTER I completed university. And I didn’t even start “modding” cars (other than a little bit of stereo) until probably 2-3 years after graduation.

No sympathy here. This hobby/pasttime we enjoy is completely frivilous and unnecessary when you get right down to it. Just be glad you got to play a little bit before you had to buckle down and get back to the books.

I think you’ll survive.

Easy there, Jason :slight_smile: Regardless of your lifestyle at his age, this is still a lifestyle change for him, and it always sucks to have to shelf your hobbies for real work.

Props for going back to school! Lots of guys in your situation just keep working dead end jobs, because they’re addicted to money and their hobbies. You made the right choice :slight_smile:

• Mike

thanks mike, nice M3 by the way… MY DREAM CAR!!!