Opinions

Looking for new job. Nothing crazy. Just part time really. any ideas? I would like to get into the restaurant biz. as I want to open one someday. Id like to poke around and see the in’s and outs of how there run. I’m in school full time getting my bachelors and it will be mostly night classes this semester so I can work during the day. Any suggestions. I could stay where i’m at now, I’ve been here for years and make good money, but am too comfortable and want to expand my horizons haha. Plus, retail sucks balls. Again, just looking for a new part time gig to keep the minimal cash flow coming weekly, just enough to allow me to go out every weekend and blow it on booze and meaningless skanks and what not while i polish up this edumacation hhaha

Opinions/ideas welcome fellas.

Thanks

Matt

http://albany.craigslist.org/fbh/2114419826.html

I should NEG you for that Paul but im sure someone else will. I make a lot more money than i would at any dump like that. Like i said I make great $$ now, just want something new!

Im just fucking with you.

Im also going to be looking for a new job after the first of the year. Something that pays decent and actually isnt a dead end job.

Haha good plan Paul. The jobs are out there, just gotta look.

yeah, I havent put any serious effort into it yet but so far all Ive seen are $9-11 jobs and thats less than I make now and I dont think I make enough as it is.

Used car lot?

whore yourself out

Since when the fuck did you want to open up a restaurant?

For a few years now. Been playing around with the idea.

Oh you gtfo

Could whore myself out. Used car lot is good but need a Dealers lisence, insurance etc.

sense our landscaping business is obviously seasonal, and our only other income is tree surgery and plowing in the winter, instead of going under unemployment, I work at a restaurant part time, and I have for about 6 years now.

your not missing out on much! LOL

Haha word

no but seriously, the restaurant business is VERY hard to actually make money.

9 times out of 10, you need to own a chain of successful restaurants. Like friendlys, fridays etc. Its very hard for a individual owned restaurant to pocket any decent amount of income. Most the time, they break a little more then even.

I work for Sonnys Italian restaurant in Ballston spa. It started out as a single, private owned small pizza place, and 3 years ago he added two more locations. One more in Burnt hills, the other in stillwater.

This year, he had to close those other 2 and file for bankruptcy. He was loosing money, having the other two. Now he is back to the original one, that he was making money to begin with. Usually you need alot of money behind you, to become successful in that business. Its a VERY competitive one.

yeah and NY is a pain in the ass with that shit and its expensive.

Job market is rough right now, especially with everyone back to college and looking for employment at the same times you are. Use friends for networking.

Seems like the restauruant business is really hit or miss with making good money. I know some people that make like $50 a night in tips, then bartenders that can pull $200. Go figure.

How long have you been working there for?

6 years or so.

I only work there in the winter.

having a bar, is where you rake in all the money if your a restaurant. Problem is, the alcohol license is expensive.