North Park Autocross today

On one hand, there’s helping the back end come around; on the other, there’s making the fronts work better. In my experience, new drivers can benefit more from the latter.

Victoracers have a treadwear below 140, so they are not legal. Any tire with a treadwear rating above 140 is ok.

How much suspension you plan on doing? If your gonna add all kinds of stuff then the rear bar might work out a little better down the road. If your keeping it basicly stock with a few thing here and there. Get the front bar, and see if VW lets you dial in some camber on the front in stock trim.

Also after a fast glance over the rules, as long as you didn’t touch the boost if your motor is a 1.8T you can run STS. Azenis so far are about the standard in that class for tires.

I already have a set of lower/stiffer H&R springs, but I don’t know the exact spring rate. It also looks like I can run camber plates in sts, so the ultimate plan would be Azenis and rear sway this year, possibly camber plates and possibly chip, but I don’t know if my fiance will allow that until after the wedding. I run a vr6, which is NA, so I would be using the chip to raise the rev limiter, not adjust any boost. I really think some seat time + tires are what are really going to help me out this season.

I think that is an instructor…when I went to the lessons 2 years ago an instructor’s wife was there rinning a corsica. The instructor got in and ripped off a lap time 1 second faster than mine.

Nah its not a instructor…Justin is really a hack his STi just makes him look fast :wink:

1st v-dub, ok if your a VR6 your fine. I’d got for the tires then before anything (aside from the seat time of course). But they will probaly give you the biggest time increase over any other mod.

umm…it’s me?:slap:

Habib88 - I seem to remember smacking down some nice STS numbers last year in Sentra and beating jooo!? :spank: :lol:

My car is wired but I am trying to put together a nationally competitive car so I can see how much is the driving and how much is the car. I am confident I am a good driver, but I am not “the best” and the only way to know is to go national and play your cards.

Eh, thats what I get for slowing down because I felt bad for you being stuck in a slow STS car (I kid I kid). On a side note, tommrow I get to start throwing the little beast back together :eek4dance

my car might not make the next event now, boost issues > me

Crap…mine is being a bitch too. I am having lean idle issues

man all you guys do is bitch about your cars not being ready…

meanwhile the se-r…:reloading

The fridge on wheels…

you know it biatch :finger:

http://www.sr20forum.com/gallery/data/598/medium/P4170445.JPG

i got the ecu up and running last night Ken. The datalogging is pretty freaking awesome

no0b post

hes nick, aka the vanilla gorilla, he gives every autox at north park an pg13 rating thats all you need to know old man

so,he needs to make a no0b post

Is it secret? Is it safe?

Geeze, it’s like your car is the one car to rule them all.

Is the civic done yet?:itr41:

Soon as I figure out a way to race a car supported on 4 jackstands i’m so going to kick your ass. :wink:

On a side note I can’t believe the fridge made it on here haha.