WNY Autocross 5/6 NCCC

Who’s coming out to play?

For those who haven’t been to NCCC, its a nice layout that lets us do some really fun courses, and generally lends itself to a lot of runs.

-Jon

i shall attend

I should be there. I am pre-registered.

I guess I’ll go…

For anyone that went to RIT yesterday, keep in mind that NCCC will be the exact opposite type of course :slight_smile:

Barring anything unexpected, this will be my first autocross. :headbang: So if anybody sees a guy that looks like this in/near a red MKIV Jetta, I’m probably lost so feel free to come say hi! :smiley:

Don’t wear a suit to the event…don’t be that guy…

I take it RIT wasn’t a lot of fun?

I should be at NCCC if the weather is good and the Sabres aren’t playing. Finally got my tires on Saturday and I get the car back from the dealer tomorrow.

I’ll be there. I’m not even going to try to guess in what car, because everytime I think I’m going to be in my car, I get another call from the mechanic saying that shipping has gone wrong again.

Yeah, the Sabres game is going to be the deciding factor on me being at NCCC Sunday.

from the pics i saw RIT looked like it was a very open fast course… i havnt been to a NCCC event in 3 years, as i remember they were very tight courses with teh changeover braking zone…

:lol: Not a concern. That thing only comes out for weddings, funerals, and job interviews.

Um, no…I was in 1 gear for most of the course.

Don’t worry, we’ll figure something out.

The RIT course was a little of both, really… hp and handling. I was definitely hitting boost in some areas (the fast side of the optional, the crossover from the far side of the lot to the close side, and at the finish), while struggling to get the car to come around the 90 degree turn just after the optional area tight enough.

Though… I haven’t come across a course I didn’t like, really. Just courses that my driving skill wasn’t up to yet.

Are you guys still planning on doing the intermediate school on Saturday or is that scheduled for another day now?

EDIT: July 14 - Intermediate School

That’s the Novice School, the Intermediate is July 14th.

And in reference to the RIT course there were 2 fun sections that were ruined by near minimum spaced slolams and 4 tight turnarounds. That does not reward handling, it rewards Hondas and roadsters. I just really wish my Honda wasn’t broke for it.

Oh yes. PLEASE BE THAT GUY :smiley:

+1

My Impreza (2.5i) didn’t have nearly a quick enough steering rack to get through that slalom full out, nor the right gearing for those turnarounds; the first two runs I went through them in second and struggled to gain speed, and the second two I jammed it into first (pos suby syncros), managing to spin all four tires through the turn.

You will never get a course that is perfect for every car. Such is life. Enjoy what you can out of each event…don’t waste time blaming the course because the slaloms were too tight for you to take them “full out.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper966
i havnt been to a NCCC event in 3 years, as i remember they were very tight courses with teh changeover braking zone…

Don’t worry, we’ll figure something out.

The course this sunday will be about as tight as Jim’s asshole (which is not very)