NY State Adds Points For Drivers Caught Using Cell Phones

I have the Bluetooth built into my car and it’s nice because I rarely do I ever make a call but when I receive a call all I have to do is hit the answer button on my steering wheel. If I want to make a call my phone book was imported into my navigation so all I have to do is either type it in the navi or hot the button on my wheel and say thier name and it calls

The problem with this is some phones have crappy connections with the OEM BT stuff.

My HTC EVO is less than a year old. My M is a 2007. People can hear me, but it’s not as good as you’d think. Other phones though work fine in my car and I’m sure my phone would work fine in a newer car.

Handsfree BT stuff is nice but it isn’t the cure-all for taking calls in the car.

I have the iPhone 4 and my car is a 2007. People seem to hear me fine. I haven’t tried hooking up another phone to it so I dnt know how other phones work on it. It’s crazy the range of the Bluetooth though. I let one of my friends take my car to turningstone and I drove my gf’s car out. We were about 20ft away and I had her call my phone and it started ringing in my car. They had no clue what was going on.

Your right, and when they crash and mangle their babies in a fiery wreck will you really care? You and I both drive rather well, and if we were involved with said retard, I have a lot of confidence that I would minimize my injury by PAYING ATTENTION TO THE PERSON NOT PAYING ATTENTION! I drive 70 miles a day every day. I see it all, I also avoid it all. I had people spin out in front of me because they cant handle what ever it is they are doing, almost force me into a guard rail, rumble strips… its like a race track to me. I can handle myself just fine. I say use your phone more, in fact use both hands while your yapping away… ill pass their mangled body on the side of the road and continue on.

Also I know the texting law is a secondary offense, you have to have failed at following another motor vehicle law WHILE TEXTING to get pulled over, and ticketed for it. The cellphone one is an oldy and is more like fishing if they want to enforce it. They see one they want they go catch it.

I want to see some real facts, make it fucking illegal to even have anything in your car other than your body and a set of ignition keys. I dont buy any of this shit unless I see a real decrease in accidents then.

Accountability is the ONLY thing society has left to keep itself straight. Let people who can complete simple tasks without issue should continue to do so. Fist fuck the people who cant, or sign them up for Darwin’s Award nominations. Laws like this are actually making us all DUMBER because the people who can complete simple tasks, cant for fear of getting in trouble and stop doing it… loosing that “skill”. While the dumb people who dont have the “skill”, will most likely do it anyways and still crash, pay the fine and repeat process… See where I am going with this.

Same with the cant walk and chew gum/listen to an iPod bullshit they want to pass. EXACTLY THE SAME… its slamming the brakes on human evolution, throwing it in reverse and mashing the gas!

Must spread rep ^^^.

Especially the last paragraph.

I’ve got an idea…HOW ABOUT YOU JUST DONT ANSWER YOUR PHONE WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING PERIOD!

I don’t care if you have a bluetooth or whatever, why do do you HAVE to answer the phone right then, 99.99999999999% of the time its not an emergency call and can wait until you have parked somewhere to return the call, everyone needs to quit bitching if it was up to me I would make it illegal to answer your phone no matter what kind of device you have.

Btw, listening to an Ipod while driving is also a ticketable offense.

Im sure you know that on a military installation it is illegal to talk on the phone while walking blue tooth or not. It has been considered by NYS and others for adoption. But then again, how many times were you ticketed for jay walking???

Figures, I can’t find my Jawbone…

^ Check your face

yep same here , watch they will add points to tint next . That would make me fucking furious.

This just in…

NYS will ticket you for driving red cars. reason it is the brightest color on the road and takes attention off passing motorists which may cause accidents.

:rofl

Police state?

Haha well played.

+1 and 1

along with reading the newpaper, futs-ing with your GPS, eating your third bigmac, putting on your makeup, etc.

when someone calls me during a drive and it may be important, I pull the fuck over and answer. plain and simple. people just need to fucking drive. you DO NOT need to be on the phone while driving, you DO need to be paying the fuck attention to what’s going on around you. 99% of the fucks on the road can’t manage that on their own, throwing a distraction in their hands doesn’t aid the cause any. there’s already enough bullshit distraction in the modern automobile to keep one person going for hours.

I swear if anyone here ever hit and injured my wife and/or daughter while screwing around with your damn phone behind the wheel of a car, there isn’t enough military power in the fucking world that would keep me from finding and skinning you alive on public television and stuffing your shit filled entrails down you’re throat.

I’m glad this law is around and anyone caught deserves it plain and simple. I’m out.

HOLY F@CK!

ADAM blowin up in here!!! This isnt directed to you btw. just a lil kk rant.

Drive a car and crash a car. Starts the same and ends the same every time. The shit that goes on in the middle doesn’t really matter. It may make the end result more or less devastating but the end result is still there.

I am all for making the roads safer, believe me. But in my eyes it doesn’t start with fucking cell phone laws!

Its been beaten to death; retest drivers, make the driving test a real DRIVING test, not a by the books horse and pony show with some 80 year old instructor who is most likely a hazard on the road to begin with. Instead of sitting in a U turn all day pointing a laser beam… drive the fucking PARTROL (its named that for a reason) car and actively seek out these retards causing real issues; crossing lanes, driving erratically, not staying with the flow of traffic, rolling stop signs, allowing people to leave a parking lot across 2 lanes of traffic to get hit in the middle, etc. REAL human failures, showing physically how poorly they can control their actions.

SIMPLE QUESTION TO EVERYONE. flip the law around, why cant you drive while talking on a phone, or reading the sunday funny’s? If your that talented to do so without causing harm, by definition that’s not WRONG now is it?

BUT NO. that is too hard to do and wont make quick money.

you fuckers watch, whos to say at the next road block check point its not mandatory to show the recent calls list on your cell phone too!

Yup, fuck that.

They’d need a warrant to check my phone. Screw that.

I like your posts KK. I agree with them pretty much to a T.

And new driving test every 10 years or so would create a $50 (for example) every year from every person. That would not only help our financial situation, but make sure all the idiots are at least SOMEWHAT monitored and removed off the roads.

And who’s to say how long I have been driving for? Or that I was driving when I took that call? I could have been at a gas station or on the shoulder stopped. You guys want it both ways, to not have dumbasses on the road, and to not have the gov make any steps to remove said dumbasses from the road. I’d rather the government do it than have one of them crash into me in the process of natural selection.