The f**k?

A crackdown is underway this week to stop distracted drivers.

Niagara County and Erie County are part of a statewide initiative, in which each county is enlisting extra officers to look specifically for people talking on cell phones, looking at a TV screen, and even eating or putting on make-up.

Niagara County alone is expecting to hand out triple digits worth of tickets, some of which run for triple digits in dollars.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=50463

:uhh:

Uhh, there’s no law that says driving while distracted is illegal. At least nothing I could find on the DMV’s website. What exactly are they cracking down on? Did they make something up hoping that nobody would notice?

If I get ticketed for eating a burger or drinking coffee I’m taking it to trial. :eyebrow:

^ Word from the big bird…

no food ever goes in my cars, im set :wink:

new york state is fuckin poor another excuse for them to buy one on of those big stupid RV home looking things and strap (insert county name here) on the side of it
i just saw the city of buffalo has this thing and its huge it offers no tactical advantage to anything and it costs more gas to operate then its worth

another waste of taxpayers dollars for a city that has not even enough crime or a high level of a crime for them to need it let alone a swat team like cheektowaga :bloated: what the fuck ever happens there?

could you then state that since the officer driving the cop car, was watching you eating, that he was in fact also distracted and should be issued the same ticket?

^You’d probably get a night stick in the ass for that.

what a fucking joke. They realized they can just make up bullshit to collect money and get away with it.

fucking pigs

good for people who are driving while talking on his/her cellphone…

i hate these people.

i can understand the cell phone part, but the other shit is just that… utter bullshit. thank god i wont be in niagara county any time soon :slight_smile:

I agree, but your hands must always be at 10 and 2, so if your eating/drinking/talking on your cell phone you are breaking the law. I think that is what it would come down to.

i think eating while driving is WAY more of a hazard than talking on a phone.

I love watching cops talk on their cell and run red lights at the same time

what about chewing gum?

fixed

i love the part about the one hand on the steering wheel. I guess us ppl with manuals must stay in 1st gear this whole week

fucktards

how do you shift then?:confused:

i think this is just another shitty way for them to try and make money. i saw a commercial for this and they are targeting drivers who don’t have atleast one hand on the wheel. atleast according to the commercial and it would have started sunday and will go through this week… it will be interesting, thats for sure.

I beat you to it

The average driver isn’t that good without distractions, much less doing ANYTHING ELSE while driving.

Dogs on the lap, eating while driving, reading newspapers, talking on the cell…all stupid

I don’t do any of this stuff so :tup:

shit , guess i cant look at any billboards or hell even street signs. I mean that would distract me from my driving. Guess i’ll be driving in alot of straight lines.

got me… i didn’t even see that.

So according to this, if your driving with your window open, and your left hand is hanging out on the bottom window pain, you can get a ticket? WTF I haven’t seen the commercial. Its things like this that make me want to firebomb stuff, or mushroom stamp girls. That also means you can’t change the radio station or cd, or even adjust your windows, so then do you have to pay tolls?