NYC area direction help

It’s been a few years and I’m 99.9 percent sure of this, but does 87S hit the Saw Mill Parkway South?

if i remember correctly, itll eventually be on your right hand side. but dont hold me to it im like 75% sure

Google maps brah

Yeah man, I think that’s it. Haven’t taken that way since 06, just wanna make sure. GPS is infatuated with the GWB, which I avoid at all costs.

Iirc you can take 287 and it’s one of the first exits after the 87 split, or u can go down 87 a few exits, all depends on where ya gotta go

Doesn’t hit it directly. You’ll need to take exit 4 east get on Cross County parkway and you’ll see an exit for saw mill.

If you are going to east side just take Major Deeznutz 87S all the way down. Get out at Exit 1, take Willis Ave bridge to FDR and it is a straight shot down FDR to where you are going. If you take 87S to end you get to Triborough Bridge (RFK) and can link to FDR Drive from there but toll is pricey so take Exit 1.

Even if you are going to West side, it could be faster to go down FDR then take a cross street in Manhattan. Just avoid major two ways like 42nd, 81st, 34th, 23rd, 14th. Remember even streets go east and odd ones go west except for a couple exceptions.

I’m trying to park my car at the parking garage located at-

250 W 43rd St
New York, NY 10036

So, you’re saying to take

87S from Albany to Exit 1, which is “Major Deegan 87S”. Take the Willis Ave Bridge exit from there, to FDR?

I KNOW I’ve taken the Saw Mill Parkway South To Henry Hudson South…hmmm…man I swear I hit that right from 87.

EDIT-I think you can only get on the Saw Mill North from 87S. Pretty sure I did that, and changed direction somehow.

You don’t need the Saw Mill. (By the way, I made one mistake in my previous instructions, you need exit 4S off I-87 to Saw Mill, it’s not East but South).

Anyways…

Forget the Exit 15 Route through Route 17 and Northern Jersey too. That’s a traffic nightmare and limit on Route 17 is 55 mph. You don’t want to be taking the Lincoln Tunnel into NYC either. Tappan Zee (I-87 all the way down) is a better bet EXCEPT into Westchester between 7 AM and 9 AM.

Directions:

Take I-87 all the way into the city. Pass Harriman (exit 16), go through TZ bridge. After TZ bridge toll, stay on 87 South, don’t take 287 into Westchester.

Once you cross through Westchester County and into the Bronx, I-87 becomes the Major Deegan. Exits are renumbered starting from Exit 13 and go down. Pass Yankee Stadium on left, pass Fordham, blow Kramernuttz a kiss, do what you have to do.

Probably simplest route- take Exit 3 and this leads you over the 3rd Ave bridge and brings you into Manhattan. See below:

http://shift518.com/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=563

Look for signs to Harlem River Drive South. HRD connects to FDR drive going south on East side of the city. Try not to break down in East Harlem.

Stay on FDR Drive and get out at Exit 11 for 53rd St. 53rd goes West through the city:

http://shift518.com/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=566

Note above tells you to take 2nd Ave down and then go west on 42nd. 42nd is a two way street and has lots of traffic so…

I would stay on 53rd, and make a left on 5th Ave, then turn right on 43rd to continue west (see map above).

If you can’t make a left on 5th (don’t remember if it’s allowed), then just make a left on 7th, then turn right on 43rd.

The garage should be 2/3rd the way down between 7th and 8th Avenues.

Don’t forget the 18+% parking “tax” in NYC. Happy trails.