Driving to NYC next weekend, need fastest route.

Driving there next week, I want the fastest know route that you have driven. I do not want to take the fucking 90 and pay $35 in frigging tolls. Suggest me a route. I do have a GPS but I know its gonna say take the 90.

Ive always taken 390S to Elmira and 17E. GPS will find the rest.

You cant really go to nyc fast and skip the 90. Sure you could go down 17 but that road is in awful shape. I used to go from Rochester to Wayne NJ in 4.5 hours, which is about 40 mins from brooklyn…

Google maps is probably your best bet

Yeah thats what google says, how is it? Traffic, roads, stops?

390 to 17 isnt bad, but 17 is horrible. its mostly concrete so you hear/feel each section.

I really dont know. Havent been down 17 in awhile. They did repave 86 which is all new. And if you want to go into PA you can take 81 which isnt a toll road.

Ha yea. 81 is nuts. I hard a hard time keeping up with some people at 90mph in the s10.

kinda depends what part of NY you are going to. I was on 17 (into nyc) a few weeks ago, wasnt totally horrible. I’ve gone 90-690-81-380-80-lincoln tunnel in good time. The 690-81s exit was closed a few weeks ago had to pass it and come back from other direction

I found the most reliably not slow way is :

90=>81=>17=>87

What part of NYC are you going to?

I just went that way 2 weeks ago. took me 5 hours to get to Staten Island from Olean with only a slight bit of traffic in NJ. I used Google Maps and took 17 east to Binghampton then cut the corner through Pennsylvania (i think it was 80 south) to go around the city

It was only 5 hours really …kinda makes you wana go for a weekend

even with no traffic, to do that trip in 5 hours you have to SPEED.

81 was under construction last year, but I would imagine they have made some progress since then… regardless, the flow of traffic was still 80mph +

90-81-380-80-GW Bridge + radar detector = 5 hours :slight_smile:

Do you have to drive? I would suggest taking the chinese bus service. You can’t beat $35 roundtrip.

Buses chew up more time.

To do Buff to NYC in anything under 6 requires you to speed pretty heavily.

I cruise on 75MPH and it takes me with 2 x 15 min stops around 6:30.

There’s no point in speeding, even with a radar detector - most of it is laser now, and they are all over…

that is the best route, but you can’t do it in 5 hours without doing 95 the whole way.

+1 on all of this

I have made that drive SOOOO many times, on every different route.

That’s true…

I’ve made it many times in just over 6 to mid town w/o driving like a maniac (72-75) from willyville