so im driving to GA in october...

mapquest/google say the same route, but have like a 3 hour difference in time…

anyways

its telling me to go 90w -> 79S -> us 19 -> I77 -> I26 -> I95 (thats the major part of the trip)

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=hltF3hzNT9tNhURP0HLlhh9UYBmHRqyBceg4Gkon14D8uewLk7pjHQ%253d%253d&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=east+aurora&1s=ny&1z=14052&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=hinesville&2s=ga&2z=31313&r=f

any other suggestions?

incorporate the blue ridge parkway. Best drive i’ve ever taken.

Basically a repost:

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17947&highlight=route+NC

Since the destinations are pretty close.

thats turn for turn till it hits I74.

what do you guys think about buffalo -> charlotte -> hinesville?

buffalo to charlotte

charlotte to hinesville
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&1gi=0&un=m&1da=-1.000000&1rc=Z1XAA&cl=EN&qq=1ADqpk24ofBp7XYIufpQWMV64ifMKfik0BRPaI5TciwjJnhmBSrr3kvT%252bTYsjkvC7ehcYZue4COWHn4hZ0LZLF2Dl92PFX7GXvainMgD%252bqcquZDXlITSW1RsYDlbHm2IExKIjavCn1Y%253d&ct=NA&r=f&1si=tana&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=HOLRHuPvFWyIKXlUxLb83Q%253d%253d&1g=X9OYTNOut6wvJffRzJaTtg%253d%253d&1pl=&1v=ZIP&1n=MECKLENBURG+COUNTY&1pn=&1a=&1c=CHARLOTTE&1s=NC&1z=28202&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=HINESVILLE&2s=GA&2z=31313&panelbtn=2

edit: nevermind im an idiot its the same route :ham:

wtf are you going to GA for

that route should be:

Buffalo ~> VA Beach ~> Georgia ~> VA Beach ~> Never Leave

When I went to Ga. a few years back, that’s pretty much the route we took. We made pretty good time too, I think it was about a 14-15 hour drive from WNY to Kingston Ga. (right near Jacksonville Fl.)

edit: becareful on the way back too, I can’t remeber exactly where it was… (I want to say west va.), I “think” where 19 splits, the signs are somewhat misleading and it set us back about an hour or so

some wedding :shrug:

and i like the va option

yeah watch for exits on your way back…

I just made the trip from Charlotte this pasted weekend…

its an easy trip unless it is pour in the W Va Mountains like it was for me

I did the same thing on the way back up the I77 to Rte 19 exit pops out of no where, I ended up going about 10 miles further than I should have…

It took me abotu 10Hrs from Buffalo to Charlotte to give you a good idea of how long it will take

If you have the time, this is a awesome edition to the trip

i drive a corolla. i dont think it would be the same experience.

(edit: just googled it. 45 mph = not for me this time around)

anyways, just talked to poppa dukes, he says by going 90w -> 271 in cleveland -> 77 will cut about an hour of time and prolly save gas from not being so hilly/twisty

thats adds a LOT fo mileage to your trip though…dont know about that…

for me it took pretty much 2 - 13 gallon tanks per trip to charlotte.

You will however appreciate the fact that gas is like 2.35 at the most down to 2.07 as soon as you get out of NYS

If you are taking 95 I know south carolinas gas has gotten stupid cheap…i paid 2.09 two weeks ago

he has made the trip many a time as we have family in WV. i guess the “straightness” of 271 and 77 make up for the “curvyness” of 79 when comparing the added distance. something else he mentioned is its very easy to get caught behind a coal truck on 19 near beckley, going 35 mph.

word, i’ll be on 95 for over 100 miles it looks like

hrmm well everything is 2 lanes each way so truck traffic isnt really a prob. its actually kind of nice because on the uphills they turn it into a 3 lane and no trucks in the left 2 lanes.

If it werent for the rain I would have to say that the worst part of the trip was driving through PA, there was construction zones everywhere, and if it wasnt being worked on it was bumpy as hell

you should go to ohio with me tomorrow too jeff

If you go that way, just dont speed on US19. It’s 65MPH with fucking stop lights, and they’re radar crazy down on that road. People next to us at the Shoney’s down there had just recieved a ticket for 69 in the 65, apparently if you have out of state plates you’re fucked.

The 271 route is actually 75, not 77, and that adds a lot of mileage if you’re going anywhere east of tennessee.

I wouldnt even bother getting off at 19…I timed it and was no shorter then going around it, and no stops and radar

we go 90w-79s-19s-77s-85s-285
gotta love the 70 mph in VA. i roll thru there at 80-85 sometimes 90 with traffic. same way with ga

^ NC and SC are 70. VA is gay.