nyirp 5/15

who plans on going?

say what now?

Fucking n00bs

NYIRP(New York International Raceway Park) is a 1/4 track

sounds like they wil be running on friday 5-15

i was gunna head down try and trap 120+.

i know of a handful of other guys going, just thought id ask on here. maybe someone fast was gunna show up.

I headed up there last week with a few people and the place was dead. I may be heading up again depending on how the week pans out.

yeah weather was supposed to bad last week. hopefully its dead this week, id like to get a ton of practice.

Best time to go is now. Still have the cool temps and not a lot of cars are ready/finished yet.

Should be a lot of opportunities to run some good times.

me and letitroll might be heading up

OMGZZZZ people that are actually going to race! As stared this is the best time to go for cooler temps and less cars out there. Although i toasted a clutch my first night out this season. :picard: Make sure you pst your slips in the 2009 drag race thread.

how many runs do you get in on a typical night?
and they do this every friday right?

yeah test and tune usually on fridays. i went once last season there were literally 9 cars there and i was just lapping around, and i think i got 15 runs in with 45 mins between runs. but usually id say atleast 5-7 per night.

last of fast cars tonight, I think my clutch is dead. I’ll get some vids up maybe tomarrow I have to work all day.
I popped some wheelies on the stock chrome rims with 275 Drs on them. happy with that.

So what were people running? Why were you on stock wheels with drs?

I’m trying to see how fast I can go on the everyday summer wheels. Its fun, didnt think for a m6 car I’d pulled them a few inches. this is what mark took on the cannon poowershot. My clutch was slipping more then I thought, started to think it was on the DRs on my stock rimes. The last 2 passes on the drag wheels, it was alot worst.

Time for a new one:mad:

oh that blows. looks like we both need clutches. ur car is awesome tho ^^ i thought i had some of ur runs on film but i dont :frowning: i do have a vid of that 03-04 cobra with the KB poppin his rear end, he still ran 13 something too.

between the burn out box and the launch of a run my clutch would just slip like crazy. i managed two personal records tho. a 12.43@121.7 and a 12.54@122.4. terrible launches cause i suck as a driver and cold DRs just make it all worse.

it was a nice night.

what color was it, can u post the vid?

Those are some pretty big MPHs for those times. I run 12.4 at around 112 in my car.

haha thanks brandon, it drives fine on the street. I put some load lugged it, and it was fine on the way home. But that dumping it off the 7,xxx rev limiter and balls out pulling some gears its not happy in hot mode. I thought it was moving on the street tires. Trying them out, learning them still. Bob came over to me after that 1st pass 11.4 @ 108 and said hes watchin’ and don’t go to fast :snky: There really consistent for a m6 DR. 1.714, 1.716, 1.69, and the little yank was a 1.66. I’ll see what it dose with a better clutch it might be worse? But on the drag wheels thouse 2 passes sucked the clutch was slipping, I looked once thu a gear the rpms didnt drop under 6000. lol
That awesome you got thouse runs that fast, I saw a pass before you let it sit and it was really bad.
that cobra is form canandaigua, I saw it today in his driveway. Didn’t know what happened, that sucks.

there was some pics too, just my car mostly

Was the cobra red?