NYIRP 9/21 Times

Who all went, post up times.

I did a 10.9 @126
Then i got yelled at and kicked off track :lol:

Willlybeen - congrats on the 9 sec run:)

I went on the 19th and ran a new land speed record with my stock 1984 Daytona of 16.2. It is all original and has not been driven on the road since 1993. So I babied the launches because I did not feel like fixing any thing. I am sure if I launched above 1500 I could break into the 15 second range; which would have beaten 80% of the imports that were at the track.

[quote=“choko”"]

I did a 10.9 @126

[/quote]

i thought that red formula looked familiar, congrats on the time.

same shit different day for me. even with a better tire :frowning:

i managed a 14.1 @ 95 out of the omni.

congrats on the 10sec pass

:tup:

[quote=“psychopjv,post:4,topic:35774"”]

i managed a 14.1 @ 95 out of the omni.

[/quote]

Nice :tup: what were the 60ft’s?

Right on Choko!!!

nice :tup: 10s :tup: how big a shot?

just a little shot ;)… lol

congrats to Willy. 'Bout damn time!

[quote=“Slopoke,post:7,topic:35774"”]

Nice :tup: what were the 60ft’s?

[/quote]

cutting a 2.15 60ft. it needs better tires so i can launch it at full boost.

[quote=“choko”"]

I did a 10.9 @126

[/quote]

Nice #'s
Better save up some money when that 10 bolt goes, if you run her at the track every week I dont imagine it will take long:hitit:

[quote=“9c1ny,post:13,topic:35774"”]

Nice #'s
Better save up some money when that 10 bolt goes, if you run her at the track every week I dont imagine it will take long:hitit:

[/quote]

Like I said in another thread…

Its a myth…

Bunch of Fbodys this week were cutting 1.5-1.6s some of which have been cutting those times for months now.

[quote=“9c1ny,post:13,topic:35774"”]

Nice #'s

[/quote]

Heres a run down of whats going into your old car

Cage
LSX454 / More Bottle
Transmission
Strange Rear End.

I gonna do a 175 nitrous pass at track when im back from vegas with bogarts and 27" slicks.

:slight_smile:

Yea i really want to know who started this bandwagon myth back in the day. Now dont get me wrong im not saying a 10 bolt is indestructible but shit people go buy 9in, 12 bolt, S60 before they even try to break it lol. I wish i never sold my 10 bolt it was quieter then my 9in and i had plenty of faith in it.

its just a saftey thing, buying a 9in, s60 etc. autos are easier on the rears though. M6 + slicks= bad news.

thanks im new

Let me ask just out of curiosity how many you have broken. I know that my m6+slicks=great 60ft times

johnny 5, bad azz z28 are all i can think of off the top of my head, i think scary guy might have also but not sure. ive read stories on ls1tech about a couple guys breaking them from a roll, i did a differential swap on one a month ago where the ring gear literally fell out in pieces when i took the cover off. my old LT1 the gears started whining after a couple trips to the track, and would only spin one wheel during the burnout.

butt on the other hand there are a lot of people cutting good 60’s. BLKUUS6 has stock gears and cuts 1.9’s, and his rear has been in one piece for a couple seasons now.

my current one is staying together fine, but i cant launch the car good yet, and i dont want to put slicks on it. i only cut 2.1’s with 295 BFGs, bogging or spinning.

what tires and gears are you running cougar?