NYIRP

Going to the track tonight.Anyone want to meet up and go?I should be heading out there around 5ish.Let me know.

I would like to go…<— newbie here. Where would u like to meet up

Well where is Weatfield???I was planing on jumping right on the 90 in West Seneca if I didn’t have a big response.

Yeah, jrod0187 would be the one to come out to you and meet up.

I wanted to go…but, not going tonight. Got other thangs goin.

I’ll prob take N falls blvd to 290 to the 90 and I can meet u any where before or after the first set of tolls near williamsville. Maybe the Tim hortons in the walker center or closer.
PM’d you my number. I’d have to leave work at 4-430 to get to the tolls by 5pm
-Jarrod

Also going to meet up with Mike Celani,Drives the Black STI.I would like to meet before the tolls.What is best for you?I have a hard time finding certian place’s in western New York since I am originally from California.Not sure how to get to certian places.Being that there is about 99 million tim hortons and I don’t know where the walker center is can we meet at the Walden Galleria???Let me know.

walker center is on main street in williamsville.

Right at the 290 exit for main street, in the middle of yuppieville.

Near main and forest, there is a timmy hos, and some other yuppie type places.

PM sent 95xbird

Jarrod it was nice meeting you.You have one nice Evo!

The weather was shitty tonight.Couldn’t hook up and could only get a 14.502 out of it.Time for some Drag Radials and a high stall converter.

R/T…711
60’…2.233
330…6.274
1/8…9.500
MPH…76.62
1000…12.260
1/4…14.502
MPH…96.90

Not too bad for a Thunderbird that should run in the mid 16’s.

^^ hey man what did u think of the track compared to lancaster. ive only been out to nyi this year and just wondering what u thought

Hey bud ! what was the evo running? Hope you had fun.

Thanx man, good meeting you as well. We’ll have to go again sometime

Had a blast and My best time was 12.8, not bad for a newbie
I beat everyone I ran which was cool, except the firebird that was at the staging area waiting for me. He was expecting 12.4’s all night. I beat him once with my fastest time of 12.8 but then the 2nd time I miss launched and he destroyed me. Deff. do it again

Traction on the 1-2 shift improved tremendously.Still spun a tiny bit on the 1-2 but not much.Of course I can’t hook up out of the hole.

For a while that was happening to me

Not bad since you can expect a .1 sec drop in your E.T. for every .1 sec drop in your 60’ So, I’d say if you bought a pair of slicks and put em on a pair of steelies youd drop your ET ALOT! Ex. a “rough”…“ROUGH” ~guesstimate~ you prolly got a 13.9 sec car, if you drop .6 sec on your 60’ Not too shabby at all.
My best 60’ so far at NYI was 1.9 on friggen drag radials. So, I hope by the time I get my trans repaired that I’ll be able to get a better 60’ on my drag radials.

I thought it was a .2 sec drop in your et for every .1 sec drop in 60 foot. I don’t see him dropping .6 on his 60 foot even with slicks. However, I do see him dropping .3 on his 60 foot for a drop of .6 on his ET. So I do agree that he could dip into the 13s with a decent set of tires.

Ya I know that this car is very capable of high 13’s.As long as I can get the 60’ down it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.All I need is traction.Jarrod didn’t have too much of a problem though.Damn AWD!!

I think the Tbird held up pretty good against a slightly modded Evo.

1st and second wasn’t too bad but when he shifted to 3rd he just started walking me.lol