NYSpeed Grammar Nazi's UNITE!

Unfortunately poor grammar and spelling extends far beyond the bounds of NYSpeed. There is no hope for our future as a nation if eBay is any kind of sample indication for our educational system.

I see what seems like hundreds of messages on a weekly basis that make me punch puppies. Is there no hope? I don’t believe proving your ability to spell should be reserved for special occasions. Basic knowledge of the English language and sentence structure should not be limited to writing résumés.

Hello~ I’m so sorry I simple for gat,I’m sorry. I thing I been shopping U’r item befor. And I’m still going to shop… I whish You Email me (remind)befor unpad alert. Thank-U.

Granted I am nowhere near perfect, but honestly? Really? I could copy and past a hundred more just like this…wtf?

/rant

un PAD!!!

with a GAT!!! 9mm maybe?

lol.

lol and people bitch about how I type!

U’r

This is the best part… this person took the time to put an apostrophe into that abomination???

Oh the human race, how I love thou.

fixed.

When I was running the ebay stores I would see these all of the time. Usually it was from people asking questions and not people that had already bid and made purchases. It is very disheartening.

:mamoru:

making mistakes /= sucking at English.

Typos are ok. It’s always annoying when people point out typos, vs blatant spelling errors…

:suicide:

NAZI typo example:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fail-owned-realtor-fail.jpg

between your browser having a spell checker that underlines words and a really quick review, there is no excuse to be lazy. it makes one look like a retard so they deserve to be called out for my entertainment and for their laziness.

That is just terrible.

lol at “bigger” fail

This is why we can’t have nice things.

really? in all of that text written he missed an e, and youre going to point that out and attempt to call him a hypocrite? I really don’t like you. I’m about to make a sig like 2turboz’s…

Waiting a response for this…:karter:
Jam getting heated up in here…

Well I’m going to keep my mouth shut in the rest of this thread because I’m not a spelling bee champ… lol

this one made me lol.

dear sir
i really need to buy this item. so could please tell me how much it will cost for you to shit it to Maldives, which is my country, i really need it.

Perfect opportunity to shit in a bag and send it to a scammer!!

On second thought, have one of the employees do it…

No no no, you all shit in a box and send it to him FREE!
Classic case of you pay for what you get. He gives you shit for money you give him shit in a box.