Grammar Poll

I am wondering what everyone’s opinion is on grammar and spelling on the internet. Is it important to spell correctly and use proper punctuation when trying to discuss a point? Does it not matter to you if your point makes sense and is legible to others? I am just wondering these things.

its overated

:stupid:

waste of band width

commas are for pussies

its just easier to type enough so people understand… besides i graduated from Central (insert tea bag joke). I’m automatically smarter than everyone else, it says so on my diploma :finger:

Does it matter if you wipe your ass with your hand as long as it gets the job done?

I mean that is my opinion, but it really doesn’t take much more effort to do it correctly. I don’t expect anyone to be perfect, but I try to speak and write the language correctly. You would be amazed at the shit I saw on loan applications and such at the bank. I don’t want to be one of those people.

its over rated, as long as u can understand me

What? :smiley:

But yeah, as long as you can understand the person.

x2

ho carz’az long az tha othre peeple kan red it n understan it. Smart peeple tipe bad as wel u no

within reason.

in my opinion, you should try to use the best grammar possible; not only because it makes you look more intelligent, but also because it’s the easiest way to make sure you’re understood.

i’m not saying you should keep a dictionary next to your mouse, but words used on a regular basis shouldn’t be misspelled. and for fuck’s sake, please learn “there/their/they’re”, “to/too/two”, and “were/we’re/where/wear”.

a couple more…
brakes/breaks, its/it’s

What if the reader doesn’t understand the point you are trying to make. You think it is perfectly clear, but others may have no idea where you are coming from.

over the past few years I actually got used to pewter and his horrible spelling. As long as it’s somewhat legible, it’s good enough for me. :smiley:

:love:

No. Its the internet, I am to busy to care

best part is… i am to busy… hahahahah fuck up in your own thread about grammar

OWNED!:finger:

then ur SOL hahaha idk, i try to re-read things, i wasnt the best in spelling. And my word useage or wording isnt the best either. but i try

Hell I might want to say one thing, but I use another word because I know how to spell it. I screw up spelling sometimes, but for the most part i work hard at getting it right. I read this one post the other day, it was about 10 lines long, not one damn period or comma in the whole damn thing. I felt like telling the retard to crawl back into the hills with his wine bottle, and come back sober someday. Seriously, you it took me like 20 freaking minutes to just “guess” what he was trying to say. I’ll never say I knew for sure…

easiest solution. Don’t read it :bigthumb: