Buffalo = seen it? Rochester = shit?

So, being on both roclife and nyspeed a lot, I’ve noticed some interesting grammar differences. I’ll preface this by saying, in general, grammar sucks ass on both sites and it’d be hard to decide which is worse (probably roclife). This is mostly a rant but I’m actually interested in the differences in dialect between regions.

The observation I’ve made is that though half of roclife can’t form a sentence to save their life, half of nyspeed says “I seen it” or something similar. “We seen him last night”. Is that a Buffalo thing that I just haven’t realized? Why don’t the Rochester retards pick up on it? It seems that grammar is generally bad on roclife with no real patterns, but other than a few select offenders here who just fuck up everything, the terrible usage is probably more widespread but restricted to just a few instances.

WTF Buffalo? Why do you say that you “seen” things happen?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Minglor/34g2aeh2_1.gif

i seen what i seen

thats all i know

lol

I hate when people say that. There are so many examples of bad grammar and spelling that I dont even know where to start, so I wont.

http://www.apakuni.com/images/blogposts/trogdor.gif

!moar need trogdor

Its the fuckin internet, we’ve been drinking half the time were on, and the other half we don’t really give a shit. Personally i just type and send, if it comes out all fucked up, well then fuck it, your not my god dam english teacher, so get over it. Oh and the seen it thing, its called fucking dialect and usage, each area of the world has it, might wana read up on that shit. If you wana bitch, then we can bitch, i like bitching, but in the end you just sound like a bitch. :slight_smile:

who gives a fuck about grammar on the internet

i used to say seen it. when i was in 8th grade. i had a girlfriend correct me and make me feel stupid and haven’t done it since.

Who knows? Internet forum grammar is a thing of nature, you either love it or hate it.

I’m pretty sure some of my posts have been headache worthy.

i didnt know we were being tested on the internet too like we do in high school. i will try harder next time sir i really need a good grade in this class

I see both sides to the ‘its only the internet’ argument.

Sure, its all casual conversation, often supplemented by beer. However, as it is a forum, the only way that you are conveying yourself to a bunch of people who dont know you is through whatever makes it through your inebriated fingers and onto the internet. Personally I make an effort to convey myself as clearly and correctly as possible. Its one thing to not use apostrophes or to not capitalize things, or even make quickly typed spelling mistakes. Its entirely another to ‘correctly’ type out bad english.

It’s not just Buffalo. Stupidity knows no limits.

Brent this this really needs some work. There are many grammer mistakes and I see a lack of proper proof reading. Get this back to me by the end of the week. Grade 60%

lol

I feel that forums are alot like AIM conversations, quick subtle and to the point. Grammar should not be a huge concern as long as its clear.

However People Who Always Type With A Capital Letter Kill Me Or That Have Alot Of Run On Sentances Are Terrible Ways Of Posting There Are Alot On Roclife That Do That And Make Baby Jesus Cry… sigh

I just type and dont really give a fuck if its right or wrong. I suck at spelling also. Sometimes if I cant remember how to spell a word i will change my whole sentence around to find a word taht i can spell.

I am a major proponentof good spelling and grammar. My major gramatical flaw, however, is my semi-consistent lack of capitalization. I’m working on it though. Intelligent people type well on the internet, bottom line.

Fixed

You know whats weird, I do the same shit.

it’s like ten thousand spoons, when all you need is a knife.

Also: to me, typos are not really poor spelling and grammar mistakes.

“Don’t waste taht” TYPO

“Dont waist that” IDIOT

Typos are acceptable they happen. When words are blatantly spelled wrong… that’s unacceptable. If i don’t know how to spell a word, i google it. It takes 5 seconds, and helps to improve my spelling.