NYSpeed Track Day #2 - Friday August 3rd, 2007

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:109,topic:26322"”]

I don’t know how they are going to work the muffler thing… but they are aware that 90% of the cars we bring are street cars. I don’t think they will check and if they do, I doubt that they will know that an SRT4 doesn’t have mufflers stock.

[/quote]

I wouldn’t bank on that. Canada has a similar system to the USA’s DOT, and everyone is aware of their rules.

Any “street legal” car must have certain equipment (mufflers being one of them). If your car has a licence plate, there should be a muffler attached.

That being said, whether they check or not will depend on the employees working the track that particular day. While they may or may not check, seeing that the track is already having issues with sound ordinance common sense would dictate that if you want to keep having this track as a resource to have fun with your car, you would do whatever is necessary to keep things the way they are. That would mean not going up there with a car that would potentially cause problems as far as noise is concerned. Why give the people that want to shut the track down any ammunition?