NYSpeed Weekly Poker?

it’s 10 tournaments. Starts in september or october i think…have to find the schedule.

$40 or $45 buy in. $2 optional buy in for target player…basically they pick a table number and seat number, and if you knock out that player you win the money from the target player pool. if you ARE the target player and win the tourny, you get to keep that money on top of the 1st place money.

on average around 100 people or so…but it’s been growing every year, i’d expect 120 on average this year…meaning top 12 or so will be paid.

it’s typically once a month on a saturday evening around 7…i’ve final tabled a number of times and it takes til around 1AM or so to win the whole thing (i came in 2nd once). 1st is usually close to a grand…2nd 500 to 600…and so on.

some months they have 2 tournys…1st and last saturday of the month. 10 total tournys over 8 months though…then the 11th is the tournament of champions…and for those that don’t qualify, they also hold a normal 11th tourny with the normal $40 buy in…just less players since the top 30 or so in points are in the tourny of champions.

TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS:

Like i said earlier…this is a league, and in any league you accumulate points.

each tournament, 50th place gets 10 points…49th gets 20 points…and so on…so 2nd place gets 490 points…and 1st gets 500, but it doesnt matter because if you win any given tourny, 1st place finishers automatically get entry to the tournament of champions, which has a prize pool that’s been gathered by taking a bit out of every buy in for every tournament leading up to it.

Last year i had a rough season, with only 2 final table appearances…8th one month then 2nd the next month…then a bunch of shitty showings. I was up there in points for a while…and needed to do decent the very last month since i was in the very last spot to make it into the T of C…but that was also the night of the Aces and Blades benefit for the Sabres that i and a date already had tickets for…so i missed the tourny, and missed my chance at getting the points i needed to make it into the T of C.

i’ll be sure to post up more info when i get the schedule and will continue to post up monthly most likely when each tourny will be.