O2 eliminator kit?

Just ran across this. I was jus wondering if anyone has ever used one and are they effective? Don’t you have to reprogram the ecu for no O2 sensor?

Heres the ad for it.

http://www.carpimoto.com/Images/Products/Detail/dj_O2_D.jpg

Here we have an oxygen sensor eliminator for:

GSXR 750 06-07
GSXR 600 06-07

The o2 sensor is an electronic device located inside the exhaust and is used to determine if the air/fuel ratio of an engine is rich or lean.
The o2 sensors of the most motorcycles are limited to catch the emission standards and in some specific throttle situations will try to lean or richen the mixture to catch the stoichometric air/fuel ratio.
This is good for the emissions but not for the performance and smoothness of the engine

Disabling the o2 sensor you will gain better throttle response and smoother power delivery because you will have more torque available in this specific situations

The o2 sensor eliminator is also needed to support the FI mods such as the Power Commander

With this kit you will disable the oxygen sensor without enabling the FI dash warning

there really for people putting full exhaust on and a power commander or bazzaz that will have bike mapped…its so fi light dont come on

Considering my GSXR is a dune buggy, and theres barely an exhaust there. So this wouldn’t actually cause a check engine light then.

I put a spark plug fowler in I got off ebay for like 8.00. It worked like a charm in the jetta . CEL free for about a year .

That’s likely just for the post cat sensor, which tells the operating condition of the cat to the ECU. That’s likely just a sealed resistor pack in a factory harness clip that just fools the ECU into thinking the sensor is still there, so as stated one can swap in an aftermarket catless exhaus ton the bike.

If memory serves most bikes only have 1 o2 sensor, a precat.

Its also pretty common that a lot of bikes have issues with the o2 sensors causing jerkiness on the throttle so if that does as it says it will help smoothness when going from no to some throttle. I know taking out the o2 sensor and disabling it on my bike deff helped the on-off throttle transition.

Ah wasn’t aware of that. I know alot of never bikes have cats and just assumed they would have a post cat sensor to monitor the cat itself.

Not surprisingly they don’t (at least yet). Cats typically last 100,000kmi+ and bikes don’t survive for much more than 30kmi.

Yea I have only one O2, but no cat nor any room for one. Which is why I was interested in getting rid of the O2, plus I hate the enviorment.

lol bikes last much longet then 30k

i know someone who has a turbo busa with over 100k on it never opening motor

I wasn’t talking engine wise.

Mine has around 50K on it at some point.

Most people think of a 10k mile bike as a 200k mile car - “high miles” for no apparent reason.

got ya

So true. I had a guy say he couldn’t buy my bike for the price listed because of the milage. Since when is 7k miles alot?