04 GTP Rear 02 delete

I need to have my rear 02 deleted. I am in Hopewell. can anybody help me out?

Thanks

get a o2 simulator

reason for deletion?

I think there is only one reason someone would want this. Think about it.

well yes. lol or he would want to put I wideband in the spot. haha. OP are you looking for a way to turn it off so you don’t throw a check engine light? You could either get a CELiminator…i think weapon r makes one, or you could get it turned off via the ecu…

turning it off at the ecu will not help the car pass emissions because it will not run the check to see if the o2 is functioning properly. I’ve been there.

Get a o2 simulator and be done with it.
http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=834

bad link…and really? i didn’t know that. i thought it was good to go if there wasn’t a CEL

link worked for me…

on my gtp, i had the rear o2 test shut off via my pcm. and i failed emissions because the machine couldnt initiate the test to make sure that the rear o2 was getting correct signals… then used a sim from the link above and passed perfectly fine

It has to not have a CEL and it has to get a reading from the O2 sensor. The rear one just monitors the air quality coming out of the cat.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=834

http://www.zzperformance.com/products_img/834_1.jpg

OBDII cars have two oxygen sensors to measure the amount of oxygen contained in the exhaust gas. The first sensor is located on the manifold or header and measures O2 content of the exhaust as it escapes from the cylinders. This sensor is used by the PCM to calculate fuel trims and look for combustion problems.

The second oxygen sensor is located after the catalytic converter and is used only to detect the performance of the converter. The PCM does NOT use any data from the secondary O2 sensor for engine management. The PCM will set an SES (service engine soon) light (for DTC’s P0140, P0141 and/or P0420) if the catalytic converter is removed, the sensor is removed, or the sensor goes bad.

The Easy Performance O2 emulator is a plug-in replacement for the secondary O2 sensor that will provide the PCM with a signal that emulates a healthy cat. An extremely compact circuit board (.39” X .39”) is molded into the end of the connector to provide the most compact and water resistant simulator on the market.

Installs in less than 10 minutes and does not require any tools. The EP O2 emulator is standalone and as such does not need to be located anywhere near the exhaust system. It is further recommended that the harness connecting to the o2 simulator be coiled up and cable tied (with included cable tie) in the engine compartment away from the hot exhaust that could damage the casing of the simulator if it comes in contact with it. It also prevents obstacles in the road from catching on the harness wire if left unchecked. Some vehicles such as F-bodies with front dual exhaust have four oxygen sensors and require two simulators per vehicle.

For off-road use only.

NOTE: The Easy Performance O2 Emulator is for Off-Road use ONLY.

APPLICATIONS:

1997-2003 Grand Prix
   1997-2003 Regal
   2000-2003 Monte Carlo
   2000-2003 Impala
   1998-2002 V6/V8 Camaro
   1998-2002 V6/V8 Firebird
   1997-2003 Bonneville
   1997-2003 Sunfire
   1998-2003 Alero 2.4 and 3.4 liter
   1999-2003 Grand Am 2.4,3.1 & 3.4liter
   1997-2003 LaSabre
   1997-2003 Park Avenue
   1998-1999 Riviera
   1998-1999 Cadillac 4.6 liter 
   1997-2003 Corvette
   1998-2003 Malibu
   2002-2003 Trailblazer 4.2 liter
   1999-1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS with the 3.5L engine

O2 sim does not work on: 1997-1998 Buick Skylark (3.1 V6, 2.4 L4) or 1997 - 1998 Pontiac Grand Am (3.1 V6, 2.4 L4) because the power and ground wires are reversed on these models.

IF YOUR CAR IS NOT LISTED ABOVE OUR O2 SIM WILL NOT WORK! There are no refunds on electrical items so please choose carefully.

you must be the guy that pm’d me on clubgp

i used the simulator for years

then i got a tuner but like i said its no good for 04

I am reading that people with 04+ cars say that the sim does not always work. I tried the spark plug fouler and it worked for 550 miles then set the code. Then it set at 285 miles then it went back to the usual and set at about 55 miles.

I don’t want to spend $50 on a O2 sim if it is not going to work. Anyone used one on a 04 car and had success?

i may have one ill give you cheap. have to look through my ****.

mines gone or i’d offer it to you to try out

find someone with a DHP and delete it, that is what i did

:rolleyes:

correct me if im wrong , but on my 03 impala 3.8 im going to need to get the The Easy Performance O2 Emulator because i had issues with mt cat and instead of replacing it i made it free flowing if you know what im saying. however emissions is coming up in 2 months.

^ yours should be fine with the simulator

Sim doesnt work on the 04+

Best bet is to get a tuned ZZP pcm and have them remove the rear O2 test out of the code. Thats what I did on my 04

but if they remove the test, it wont pass emissions. it may not throw the check engine light, but when the plug into your car for emissions, the emissions machine runs the test to make sure the o2 is working properly. if you have the test removed, it wont run and you fail

you dont have emissions dave. right?