O2 Sensor Simulator things (questions)

my cat is shot, and i dont want to pay $300 for ane wone. id rather just saw it off put a piece of pipe in its place. there is a downstream O2 sensor right after the cat, so i’d need one of those O2 simulator things. i have a few questions about them:

-are there vehicle specific ones?
-how expensive are they?
-can i buy them at an autoparts store or do i have tog et them online?
-whats a good place to get them?

get fuzzy to take car of you…you can make your own that is SURE to work, rather than trying an online one that MIGHT work. you can use a ohm meter and find out what voltage the o2 is SUPPOSED to put out, and then buy some radioshack resistors and such to emulate the same signal

SUMMITRACING.COM…hi-flow cats for 70 bux

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=MPE-94109CA&searchinresults=true&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=700+400636+314779+115&x=23&y=6

summit has hi-flow cats for 70 bux

i bought one for $25 shipped and haven’t had a problem with it. ran on both my BMW and Acura without a problem.

and if it doesn’t work, they will take it back and refund you.
http://www.o2simulator.com/

uhh autozone, help anti-foulers… they are like 2 bucks… run one on the evo for the no cat and no CEL what so ever for 4 months now

bah I just turn my codes off

casper O2 sims, vehicle specific and run about $80, i run them but i go through about one every two years because of one basically lying on my transmission

thanks for the info guys…im going to research all of these options and should be able to come up with something that will work. my next problem is gonna be that i will have to find a Y-pipe from somehwere, because i just remembered that 2 pipes go into my cat and 1 comes out, so this may be more complicated that i had originally planned. o well, i want to do it anyway.

make this one work
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MPE-23285&N=700+115&autoview=sku

More info on this. What exactly is it called so that when I go into autozone I know what Im looking for.

Jegs sells a very nice Y pipe prety cheap. If I rememeber I’ll get the part # over the weekend.

that would be pointless to me. it has 2" down pipes, which is what i have now. i need to actually have to re-made into at least 2 1/2" mayb a little bigger. and that wont fit anway, the crossover pipe on the 5.9 Dakota is different than the one on the Ram (i have not seen physical proof of this, but thats what im told).

anway, i think im going to just hollow out the cat and get the O2 sim. that way its there for inspection, and i dont have to piece together some sort of pipe thing to go in place of the cat.

^ best idea, thats what i did, well i shut my code off rather than the sim

ok…so who has a sawzall, welder, and some spare time/welding skills they would like to lend me?

Use the anti foulers - thats what I did and I haven’t had the CEL come on.

Go to Pep boys and get the ‘HELP’ brand anti foulers. There are two versions. Get the taller version. Drill out one of the anti foulers with a drill bit big enough for an O2 sensor. Pick up some anti seize also. Install the 2 anti-foulers with the O2 sensor. $5 fix.

+1 the spark plug anti foulers work wonders for this fix. just use a 1/2" bit so the O2 can slide in, and then screw in the 2nd one. This puts the sensor out of the direct path of the exhaust and works like a charm. :tup:

edit: maximase98, i was just gunna host those pics here! beat me to it! :tup:

good link for anti-foulers
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=114931

i was told (not sure how true this is) that the downstream sensor adjusts for the air/fuel ratio (makes no sense to me) so i just want to make sure this wont screw that up (if thats the case). o and that writeup is VERY good!. i will be using it! now i just need to find some1 with a welder, sawzall, and some spare time so i can take my cat off, hollow it out, and weld it back in.

no downstreams only monitor the cat to make sure its there and doing its job…upstreams adjust A/F