o2 simulator or anti-fouler mod?

I’m gonna be installing a test-pipe soon (short tube header is already installed) and I want to get rid of the CEL because it’s annoying. It won’t put the car in limp mode but it will probably run rich from what I’ve been told.

Does anyone here have any success with those $40 o2 simulators?

How about the spark plug anti-fouler mod? It’s cheap but I heard it doesn’t last too long.

Edit: I forgot to add “other” such as a new ECU if a mod wants to add that poll option.

I forgot to add “other” such as a new ECU if a mod wants to add that poll option.

Added :tup:

i had good luck on my elise with an antifouler…

though new ECU is the best bet.

Make your own 02 sim for like $5. Find out what voltage the O2 is supposed to send and work accordingly.

I think the ECU will throw a CEL if it doesn’t see a fluctuation, tho…

I believe Newman is right. What kind of car is this?

It doesn’t on the BMW or GM as far as I know. I have home made sims on the M3 as well as interrupters on the front O2s that simulate the function of the secondary air pump. (Short story: the interrupters get triggered when the air pump is powered on, and relays flip flop the actual o2 signals to a constant .2v [i think] so the computer thinks the air pump is actually functioning. When the air pump is off the comp sees the actual O2 voltages. Works fine for me.)

The front ones have to show fluctuation, but in most cases you’d want to keep those anyways.

I used the de-foulers on my S4 with test pipes. I had to use two on each side, and I drilled them out, but they worked great.

mopar pcm

eliminates the CEL and need for an egr valve, and downstream O2 sensor

my 97 doesnt have any emissions shit on it, like 12 CEL, come inspection time i clear the codes, drive 30 miles, inspect it before the light comes back on, if you’re worried inspection wise ill help ya out

anti fouler worked for me in a gm i had.

Anti-fouler approach worked just fine for me in the evo. Cheap, simple, effective.

What car is this for?

On my m3 the anti foulers didn’t work for my headers… they were also too long and hit the frame…

i had to go with the 02 simulators from o2-sim.com

I used a 2 out from them and it worked great

for a neon

My RSX-S had the anti foulers, every once in a blue moon (like 10k miles) I would get a cel i would reset and wouldn’t see again.

My TDI has everything tuned out. so ecu. The evo was also tuned out. but for a neon I would just do the anti-foulers